1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thanksgiving plans, whats for dinner?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by donnA, Nov 20, 2008.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Pam, my daughter in law, decided she wanted to cook for everyone this year. So we're going to their house. I don't even have to cook anything if I don't want too. Except my sweet potato casserole was requested by my boys. I have no idea whats on the menu, I do know we're having turkey, they put it in my freezer.
    Heres the biggie.
    Joscelynn's birthday is the 26th and Clay's in the 23rd, so they're combining them both for one party. And since everyone will be there for Thanksgiving, you guessed it. B-day party in the am, and dinner in the pm.
    How shes going tp pull this all off I don't know. But knowing Pam, she will.

So whats on your menu, and where will you be for Thanksgiving.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We will be here for Thanksgiving at our house. We're expecting my ILs and my dad in addition to my own family of 6. We're having:

roast turkey
    stuffing
    mashed potatoes
    mashed turnips
    gravy
    glazed carrots
    corn casserole
    green beans
    creamed onions
    cranberry sauce

pumpkin pie
    apple pie
    cookies
    ice cream and whipped cream

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Turkey and all the trimmings for us! We'll be at my parent's house for the day. Mom insists on doing most of the cooking. I'm already planning to eat WAY too much!!!!! :laugh:

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No one here this year but DH and myself.

I think I'll just get a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey, and make small portions of our traditional dishes.

Turkey Breast
    Dressing (made with Whole Grain Bread)
    Mashed Potatoes/Giblet Gravy (made with low-fat condensed milk)
    Candied Yams (Splenda)
    Chicken & Wheat Noodles
    Scalloped Corn (Unsalted Crackers)
    Whole Wheat Rolls
    Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie
    Lite Cool Whip

5. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I'm not really sure what we'll be doing. I started to work on the menu and my Wife and MIL both felt that it was too much work for me to cook each holiday, so they want to go to a restaurant.

I enjoy cooking so it's not really any burden for me, but to keep peace in the family I made reservations at a local banquet hall for their Thanksgiving buffet.

Actually I'll be cooking anyway because I always make a meal to take to the local homeless shelter on holidays.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

We actually like a little leftovers, and since we're eating at Robert and Pam's on Friday I'm cooking us a tiny turkey breast, and little bit of dressing with soem deviled eggs, and green beans. Seems like a lot for just us.