1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

That Pesky "Void"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Sep 1, 2014.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever considered your “void”?

Yeah, I know..., you ain't got one.

Okay..., but 'tween you and me we all have 'em. Perhaps several. So, have you ever pondered those void spots? (For this post I'll refer to “Voids”)

Yep, you sure have and often what comes to the front of our mind are mixed emotions with an inclusion of anger, resentment, frustration, etc., and even perhaps, a little hatred tucked way in the back. (Satan is a subtle creature, for sure.)

Next question, what caused your “void” and, are you still nurturing that “void”, unbeknownst to you?

Motivation, in short, can best be described as a reason to act.

At best, a Christian is but a lamb in constant need of..., of..., well, in need of all it's needs! ...duh.

While claiming to be well versed we're really not all that bright. So what motivates you? What gives you reason to act?

As an adolescent we came to expect certain things. We came to expect those certain things and usually we received those certain things, which is what good parents provide. On occasion however our perception of the world and what we expected or hoped for really didn't pan out. A little resentment perhaps? Had to deal with that awful taste of rejection? Didn't get the promotion? You were falsely accused of something? Your best friend in school really wasn't your best friend? Your care and concern for another was vehemently rejected?

As a result of a variety of “slaps in the face” we have become so familiar with over the years..., we end up creating those little “void” spots in our lives. On occasion we find that we jump from the frying pan to the fire not knowing any better and end up compounding the effect of an already bad situation?

Lets say the incident hurt your feelings and as a result, you end up harboring that hurt feeling, rejection, etc., for a lifetime. Void spots, in that fragile area otherwise referred to as our ego?

Could it be these little “voids” that we have to deal with in our lives resurface on occasion that subconsciously provoke us to act..., motivate us..., to lash out at others? We all do have a deep rooted need to be accepted and appreciated by everyone.

Why do I refer to this as a “void”? That's the best way I can identify with that emptiness that we all deal with regarding some aspects of our lives.

So what's the cure? Well, we are encouraged to take all our concerns to the Lord and leave them with Him, right? Being in the flesh however causes us to resurface the hurt. Thank you satan but no thanks!

I am of the opinion the best cure available so as to deal with these “voids” is to be conscious of them: ponder them; realize you have 'em; take 'em to the Lord; and then cool your jets. Then, consider the following. “But let your communication be, Yea, yea, Nay, nay: for what-so-ever is more than these cometh of evil.” Matt 5:37

(Perhaps a bit out of context but the raging fights between believers serves what purpose? Maybe it eases the pain of ones “void”? If so, that ain't very helpful in our walk.

2. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Say "void" again, I'm not dead yet.

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...but, but, but, prophet..., as stated.

(For this post I'll refer to “Voids”)