1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

That which is perfect

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Navymans, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Navymans

Navymans New Member

The word Bible comes from the Greek "ta biblia" which means the books. The Bible is not a book but a divine library made up of 66 books.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Anyone ever think Paul could be referring to death?

Death is the point when we shall loose all our limitations and will be free of this sinful thing called flesh. We can never be truly perfect until death.

3. Brutus

Brutus Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonathan Edwards has an interesting take on this in chapter 16 of his writings on Charity and Its Fruits.

Brutus :thumbs:

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think you make some good points and I'm open to ideas on this. But you say you don't think it can be love. However, the whole chapter is about the superiority of love.

We don't practice love perfectly. Chapter 13 is telling us what perfect love is.

5. Navymans

Navymans New Member

We already had perfect love, the love of God is perfect and we had it from the start. It says we had in part we could not have part way love I dont think. I am firmly in the belief that it is the finished word of God, The Bible. What upsets me on this is I asked for BB board members view on this and some gave me what some dude wrote in his book, I can care less what some dude wrote in his book I want to know what our members have to say about it after praying and studying the word of God. Too many on here want to say what some person wrote in a book they read somewhere about things, I dont put my faith in the hands of what some book says but only the Bible, I guess I am old fashion on this subject of reading Gods word not some book I bought at the local christian book store. The Bible a good concordance and good Bible commentary and Bible dictonary is all that is need in the study of Gods word.