1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The “We’re In, You’re Out” Mentality

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think? Is clear concise theology antithetical to the gospel? Or is the deconstruction of historical theology?

2. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong - but what they're saying is that the church hasn't kept up with post-modern wordly developments that's why it cannot win more souls for Christ? In other words, the church isn't "seeker-friendly" enough and is too fuddy duddy and that it needs to change to fit into the world? Whereas the Bible holds a clear doctrine of separation?

To my mind, the reason why "evangelicals" have failed is because they are preaching a false gospel of works salvation, they are ecumenists and put man before God and His Word. Besides, we are currently experiencing the Biblical doctrine of a great end-time apostasy in the Christian faith - the Harlot Church is being formed to follow her Antichrist.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This paragraph is typical of a straw man or maybe of painting with a broad brush:

This is how a lot of the emergents talk. Some of them apparently were in legalistic churches but the mistake they make is assuming all evangelical churches are like what they experienced. They make false dichotomies and make it sound bad to be rational (so reminiscent of the New Age!). They think anyone who disagrees or believes in telling people about hell are fundamentalist, judgmental, etc. Well, Jesus was exclusive and pretty judgmental, too! He's going to be even more so when He returns.

This statement is what many Emergents say and is one I find ambiguous:
    There is no mention of faith in Christ needed for the reconciliation, and no need to proclaim the gospel. Instead, it sounds like what Christ did has already saved everyone and not it's up to us to build the kingdom. Christ has atoned for sins and all we need to do is tell everyone this and "invite" them into this new life. I say this because I have corresponded with universalists and this is how they talk.