1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The 10 Best Evidences from Science that Confirm a Young Earth

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 10 Best Evidences from Science that Confirm a Young Earth

#1 Very Little Sediment on the Seafloor

For Additional Information:

The Sands of Time: A Biblical Model of Deep Sea-Floor Sedimentation
    The Sands of Time: A Biblical Model of Deep Sea-Floor Sedimentation (pdf)
    “Sea Salt, Erosion, and Sediments” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past1 (pdf)

#2 Bent Rock Layers

Rock Layers Folded, Not Fractured
    “Soft-Sediment Deformation Features” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past2 (pdf)
    “Megasequences of North America” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past3 (pdf)

#3 Soft Tissue in Fossils

Two: Those Not-So-Dry Bones
    More Soft Tissue in “Old Fossils”

#4 Faint Sun Paradox

The Young Faint Sun Paradox and the Age of the Solar System

#5 Rapidly Decaying Magnetic Field

The Earth’s Magnetic Field Is Young
    The Earth’s Magnetic Field and the Age of the Earth
    “The Earth’s Magnetic Field” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past4 (pdf)

#6 Helium in Radioactive Rocks

Helium Diffusion Rates Support Accelerated Nuclear Decay
    Young Helium Diffusion Age of Zircons Supports Accelerated Nuclear Decay
    The Age of the Earth’s Atmosphere Estimated by its Helium Content
    “Helium in Rocks and in the Atmosphere” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past5 (pdf)

#7 Carbon-14 in Fossils, Coal, and Diamonds

Carbon-14 in Fossils and Diamonds
    Carbon-14 Evidence for a Recent Global Flood and a Young Earth
    Measurable 14C in Fossilized Organic Materials: Confirming the Young Earth Creation-Flood Model
    “The Pitfalls in the Radioactive Dating Methods—The Radiocarbon Dating Method” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past6 (pdf)
    “Carbon-14 Dating” from Thousands . . . not Billions7 (pdf)

#8 Short-Lived Comets

Comets and the Age of the Solar System
    Kuiper Belt Objects: Solution to Short-Period Comets?
    More Problems for the ‘Oort Comet Cloud’

#9 Very Little Salt in the Sea

The Sea’s Missing Salt: A Dilemma for Evolutionists
    “Sea Salt, Erosion, and Sediments” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past8 (pdf)

#10 DNA in “Ancient” Bacteria

Bacterial Life in Ancient Salt

https://answersingenesis.org/eviden...confirmayoungearth-8157&utm_campaign=20141204

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good stuff Rev! BTW if all the facts as you have shown..... what excuse do unbelievers have? Is it they cannot or won't believe? Its rhetorical but thought I kick the ball around.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Question: Is it they cannot or will not believe?

A. Cannot
    B. Will not
    C. Neither

Answer: C. Neither

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

The only issue I have is that the information is driven by Answers in Genesis. My experience with them is that they usually take scientific research and bend and mold it to fit their ideology, rather than accepting what the research states. Their founder, Ken Ham, has always struck me as the type of man who, when hearing an argument he disagrees with, basically jams his fingers in his ears and starts chanting "la la la la la I can't hear you..."

5. quantumfaith

:)

It appears as though you may have met Ken Ham in person.

6. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Never in person, QF, but I've seen more than my fair share of his videos and I watched his debate with Bill Nye. I've no problem with anyone being a Young Earther or Old Earther. I do somewhat cringe when Christians simply disregard scientific evidence of something because it doesn't fit their belief.

I used to teach the adult Sunday School class at my church, and we started going through Genesis. I used the first couple Sundays of the class to go over the Creation, and, while stating that I believe in God as the Creator of all, I pointed out how a lot of the scientific theories actually support the Biblical account. The pastor called me down in front of the entire class and said that science should never be mentioned in the church and that science was a lie of the devil. I'm all for Biblical creation, but I just cannot support willful scientific ignorance.

Ham's stated position just strike me as somewhat willfully ignorant. But that's just me.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok do you have anything to contribute besides an adhominem?

8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

One thing I've learned here is that certain people on this board could care less about personal experiences. Unless you can cite news articles, research journals, or scripture, your opinion is worthless to them.

I merely related my experience, Rev. I'm sorry that it wasn't good enough for you. I've noticed lately in dealing with you that apparently my offerings on this forum are just not good enough. I'm either not clear enough in my writing, or I don't offer enough provable evidence outside of my own experience.

So I'll take the hint. From now on, if I see you in a thread. I'll avoid it. If I'm in a thread and you enter it, I'll leave. I wish my opinions and contributions were good enough to fit your standards, but I'm beginning to see that they likely never will be. If we are forced to participate in the same thread, I will offer none of my own opinions or experiences, but will instead merely copy and paste the opinions of others who you will hopefully esteem higher than myself.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give us a break with the victimhood. This is a debate forum. If you are going to engage in debate then you need to know what debate is. Adhominems (attacking the source) is poor debate tactics. So is playing a victim when it is pointed out.

You do what you want. I don't care either way. I will leave you to your misery.

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Are you saying that scientists don't bend and mold scientific research to fit their ideology? The most recent and graphic example is the molding of data in an attempt to prove global warming is the result of carbon fuels.

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    having known that, not with corruptible things -- silver or gold -- were ye redeemed from your foolish behaviour delivered by fathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and unspotted -- Christ's -- foreknown, indeed, before the foundation of the world, and manifested in the last times because of you, 1 Peter 1:18-20 YLT And bow before it shall all who are dwelling upon the land, whose names have not been written in the scroll of the life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world; Rev 13:8 YLT

From/before the foundation of the world, Christ was going to be slain. shed his precious blood, blood where the soul is found in the flesh, to experience, "the death," of the following.

Seeing, then, the children have partaken of flesh and blood, he himself also in like manner did take part of the same, that through (the) death he might destroy him having the power of (the) death -- that is, the devil -- Hebrews 2:14 ἐπεὶ οὖν τὰ παιδία κεκοινώνηκεν σαρκός καὶ αἵματος καὶ αὐτὸς παραπλησίως μετέσχεν τῶν αὐτῶν ἵνα διὰ τοῦ θανάτου καταργήσῃ τὸν τὸ κράτος ἔχοντα τοῦ θανάτου τουτέστιν τὸν διάβολον

The children of, Who? Adam.

The Christ, the Son of the Living God, was going to experience the death, before the man was created who would bring the death to all men brought the death. The power of, "the death," that the Christ would suffer, was in the hands of the devil, Satan, that old serpent.

Where in the, "young earth," Genesis 1:3-31, "the foundation of the world (Kosmos), did, the great dragon was cast forth -- the old serpent, who is called 'Devil,' and 'the Adversary,' (Satan) receive the power of the death?

Adam was created in order that the Christ, could come as the children of Adam, that is flesh and blood, to experience, the death, in order to destroy him who had the power of the death.

Gen 1:1 NKJV In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

When did, the great dragon, the old serpent, who is called Devil and Satan begin to exercise his power of the death?

1 John 3:8 KJV He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

What was the darkness on the face of (the old earth?) the earth in Genesis 1:2 before the foundation of the world (Kosmos) of which Adam would be a part of and by which the Christ could come in the flesh and blood thereof?

Why was Adam created flesh and blood, a living soul?

That is my one best reason for an old earth and it has nothing to do with science.

#11 percho, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  12. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Serious question... why does it matter? Life is short. I see no point wasting it on futile things such as this yet it is an extremely popular subject. I don't get it.

13. quantumfaith

OR,

Every profession, yes even theologians and pastors, can be and are guilty of such professionally unethical conduct. You KNOW this. Their is however VAST and overwhelming solid data and evidence for an OLD EARTH, solar system and universe.

Perhaps you will find the following article maybe just a little interesting?

http://biologos.org/blog/the-one-thing-behind-the-genesis-debate

And as far as science answering the claims of YEC for a young earth, here are some interesting starters.

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-youngearth.html

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I am an "apparent age" proponent. Simply because I believe the Bible shows a recent creation, yet we know that the light reaching it's from the stars had to travel for millions, if not billions, of years to reach us. There are more reasons, and I love to discuss the topic. But I'll leave it at that for now.

16. OldRegular

I have a hard time getting around the following Scripture:

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

17. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean by, getting around that passage, relative to the age of the earth?

From the beginning; Why did God make them male and female, bound to one another until, the death, yet because or the hardness of their heart Moses allowed them to give a bill of divorce?

#17 percho, Dec 5, 2014
  18. OldRegular

The passage in context deals with marriage and divorce. Perhaps I should have presented more Scripture:

Mark 10:6-9
    6. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
    7. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
    8. And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
    9. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Notice that jesus Christ quotes from Genesis regarding Adam and Eve:

Genesis 2:23, 24
    23. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
    24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

So it appears that regardless of the age of the earth Adam and Eve were there shortly after or as Jesus Christ says: from the beginning of the creation.

19. OldRegular

There has been some work in recent years to explain starlight and time using "time dilation" based on Einstein's theory of relativity. Russell Humphreys formerly of Sandia Labs and John Harnett of Australia have published on this issue! The math is beyond me!

#19 OldRegular, Dec 5, 2014
  20. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you seen Adam and Eve the day they were created would they appear to have age-time build in? Would someone out of the know guess hours and not years?