1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 10 commandments and being saved

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chowmah, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

2 THES. 2 [7] For THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY DOTH ALREADY WORK: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, THAT THEY MIGHT BE SAVED.

The mystery of iniquity, had at that time already started its work . If you own a KJV bible take a look at the footnotes for the word “iniquity” in this verse. It clearly states that this word means lawlessness. Do you practice to break the 4th commandment of GOD. Do you worship GOD in vain by the keeping commandments of men.

ISAIAH 30 [9] That this is a REBELLIOUS PEOPLE, LYING CHILDREN, CHILDREN THAT WILL NOT HEAR THE LAW OF THE LORD: [10] Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:[11] Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.[12] Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:[13] Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.[14] And he shall break it as the breaking of the potters' vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit.[15] For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; IN RETURNING AND REST SHALL YE BE SAVED; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: AND YE WOULD NOT.

So, who are these rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD? I know the Holy One of Israel is Jesus Christ and this scripture speaks of how (according to Jesus) these people could still be saved. I wonder what “rest” is being spoken of here by Jesus? Well...seems this rebellious people will not keep Gods law, and simply will not listen to Jesus.

PSALM 119 [166]Lord, I HAVE HOPED FOR THY SALVATION, AND DONE THY COMMANDMENTS. [167] My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. [168] I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee. [169] Let my cry come near before thee, O Lord: give me understanding according to thy word. [170] Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word. [171] My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes. [172] My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. [173] Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts. [174] I HAVE LONGED FOR THY SALVATION, O LORD; AND THY LAW IS MY DELIGHT.

Ive always heard theres only one way to salvation. Do you believe there are 2 ways to be saved? In psalm 119 we see that you must keep Gods 10 commandments in order to be saved. The “many” have come in the name of Jesus and said exactly the opposite. Do you believe Jesus is NOT the same today, yesterday and forever?

PROVERBS 28 [4] They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them. [7] Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father. [9] HE THAT TURNETH AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE LAW, EVEN HIS PRAYER SHALL BE ABOMINATION. [13] He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. [18] WHOSO WALKETH UPRIGHTLY SHALL BE SAVED

Just like it says in the new testament book of Revelation. Its the law and the testimomy. The 10 commandments and faith in Jesus.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Chowmah, would you give some clarification as to who you are.
    From your answer above (put with some of your other posts), I might gather that you are a Jehovah's Witness. They put a heavy emphasis on the Kingdom.

However: Denomination(Baptist, Methodist, Catholic...) Christian
    Home Church: with out hands

The above is what you have in your profile. Like another on this board it is not correctly filled out, and in the long run will cause you problems.
    "Christian" is not a denomination.
    "without hands" is not the name of your home church.

To put it bluntly you have been deceitful in filling out your profile in not identifying who you are. What is your denominational background, and what church do you associate yourself with. You would be wise to change your profile.

3. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

You still there rbell?

4. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

I have not been deceitful DHK. When i 1st started studying the Word (20 plus years ago) i saw the scripture that many shall come in my name (the name of Jesus) and decieve many. So i decided i would throw out all things ive heard and simply believe what the Word says. Figured i cant go wrong that way. I really have not decieved in any way. Look into how Jesus will build His church. Hes the one that says His church will be built, a church built without hands

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Luke 4:43
    And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Im not the only one DHK

6. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Hey DHK
    Im just tryin to get it right. Theres a scripture that says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Theres another that says if you follow a false prophet you will recieve that prophets reward. We gotta get it right while we are down here. Thats alls im trying to do

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Many 'preach the Kingdom’ not knowing what the Kingdom is.

What is ‘the Kingdom’ to you, Chowman?

Have you found the Kingdom of the Father in the last night of Christ’s suffering --- from the Meal until the “early next morning” until “they crucified Him” until He bowed his head down and died?

That was when Jesus said He entered in into the Kingdom of his Father; have you, found the Kingdom of heaven, THERE? Is that, ‘the kingdom’, you are proclaiming, Chowman?

Until you have found that out, you have yet found out NOTHING about the Law of God.

8. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Hey DHK
    Raised catholic. An alter boy in a small town. At 28 went for a few weeks to a baptist church. Then went for a few weeks to a 7th dayers study group. Since then, 25 years or so i have gone to no church. I realize there must be one out there somewhere as the scriptures say do not forsake the coming together as some do but .....

9. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Hardly anyone preaches the gospel of the Kingdom GE. The "many" do preach a gospel. But it not about the kingdom

10. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Well
    Did Jesus really say thats when He entered the kingdom

John 20:17
    Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

No, He said the opposite. John 20 was after the 3 days

#90 Chowmah, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Well, here' another one with more or less the same history, Chowman .... I found a 'spiritual home', in the Reformed Faith though, but the Sunday-worship thing shut its coming together against me.

So we are two at least now. With and in Jesus' own introduced Presence, we constitute the legitimate Church of Christ where two or three worship together in spirit and in truth in 'His Name' ..... like John was forced to "worship on the Lord's Day" in exile. We are exiles, those of the Body of Christ's Own in this world; in the world, but not of the world, strangers and sojourners through a strange and hostile land. 'Signs', it sounds to me, of God's true and only church this side of Jesus' return....

Take courage, and make sure you are not confused through strange doctrines. That's the main thing. Keep to God's simple Gospel of Grace. It will never fail you. You will never be alone on our Lord Jesus' Sabbath Day.

You have something here few people have discovered, that where there is no Sabbath Day there is no Congregation.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Read 'the story of Christ's passion', from where it begins, Mk15:42 Mt27:57 Lk23:50 Jn13:1.

It was at the beginning, "of the three days". It was the Passover of Yahweh --- the Going Through of Almighty God in judgment.... It was the "three days thick darkness" of "the plague (that) was upon Him". The Gospel Story in its core.
    It was the breaking through of “The Kingdom of My Father”

#92 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a strike against you GE, not in your favor.
    Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

This one of the most mis-used verses in the Bible. It is not a definition of a church as you just used it. It is Christ defining how church discipline is to be carried out. Look at the progression:

Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matthew 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

And then verse 20, which you referred to. It has nothing to do with the definition of a church, but rather it is more like a business meeting where the quorum of a church makes a decision to excommunicate that person who has sinned and refuses to repent, even after repeated attempts for reconciliation.

To say this is a definition of a church is to butcher the context and take the verse and make it mean something it doesn't.

14. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The Christians that went before us should have seen this coming. There were plenty of warnings. So how did this come about? How and why did Christians turn away from Gods sabbath day of rest and take another day. Like i said, there were plenty of warnings

1 PETER 5 [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a ROARING LION, walketh about, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR:

Watch out for these roaring lions!

MATT.7 [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are RAVENING WOLVES.

Beware of these false prophets. They are RAVENING WOLVES. Also implied here is that “the many” will follow these false prophets and but a few will take the way of life.

ACTS 20 [29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous WOLVES ENTER IN among you, not sparing the flock.[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, TO DRAW AWAY DISCIPLES after them.

The GRIEVOUS WOLVES were there from the beginning

EPH.4 [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth WALK NOT AS OTHER GENTILES walk, in the VANITY of their mind,[18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:[19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all UNCLEANNESS with GREEDINESS.

Well, I found all these warnings from the new testament in one scripture. A "Day of the Lord" scripture. Since “that day” has not yet arrived no one can claim that the scripture is for ancient Israel and does not apply to christians. Day of the Lord scriptures do apply to christians (those who believe that Jesus came) and these scriptures will come to pass. To see what these ROARING LIONS and RAVENOUS WOLVES have done, simply read and believe the Word.

EZEK.22 [23] And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,[24] Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.[25] There is A CONSPIRACY OF HER PROPHETS in the midst thereof, like a ROARING LION ravening the prey; THEY HAVE DEVOURED SOULS; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.[26] HER PRIESTS HAVE VIOLATED MY LAW, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the UNCLEAN AND THE CLEAN, and HAVE HID THEIR EYES FROM MY SABBATHS, and I am profaned among them.[27] Her princes in the midst thereof are like WOLVES RAVENING THE PREY, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get DISHONEST GAIN.[28] And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, SEEING VANITY, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken

A conspiracy of the prophets. HID THEIR EYES FROM MY SABBATHS! They meant to do it and they sure did pull it off despite the warnings

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Not one of the warnings in the Scriptures you quoted have to do with the Sabbath Day. The Sabbath Day has nothing to do with salvation. I don't know what your point is.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    Mistake! Mistake! Sorry, Not those 'Friday'-beginning verses!

Here are the correct verses in each Gospel indicating the beginning of the Day of Jesus' having entered into his suffering as Passover Lamb of God:
    Mk14:12/17 Mt26:17/20 Lk22:7/13 Jn13:1. Above it should have been Jn19:31/38 and not Jn13:1 of course.

Very sorry once again..... patience please; I'm getting old or sleepy ....

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    DHK, we must live in separate worlds; read different Bibles--- NO! read different Scriptures in the same Bible; it's that simple. You are reading from Matthew; I read from John--- completely different scenarios and subject-matters.

You missed it. Obviously. Unfortunately.

Sorry.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    I also have bad news for you, Chowman, unfortunately, concerning the Sabbath. And that is that there are people who call themselves Jews while they are not Jews but supposedly are Christians. In other words, they are hypocrites. And they keep the Sabbath, but by reason and drive of the Law and to the veneration of the Law and not of Jesus Christ.

I have now put before you the biggest and deepest question you have been confronted with in your life. Don't even try the answer at this stage; only try understand the question first.

God bless.

19. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not sure i even know what the question is GE.

20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Are you sure about that DHK

EZEKIEL 20 [12] Moreover also I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN between me and them, that they might know THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM.

The sabbath is a sign between God and his people that the “Lord does sanctify them”.

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

So if God gave the sabbath as a sign that the Lord sanctifies his people. Who are the people that sanctify themselves? What happens to them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.