1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 4th of July...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 1, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    4th of July is coming and two books (besides the Bible) come to mind. Is God on Americas Side? by Erwin Lutzer, and Turning the Tide by Charles Stanley. Some quotes.

Yes we have the responsibility to speak out and preach the Word, but realize that the country will not experience revival unless God changes the hearts of men. So when one reads these books they will then want to AVOID political type books such as the Harbinger, and some others out there. We are not to be pacifists but active in the culture, but praying that God can change men! What concerns me is the pens of some that choose not to get involved and sadly some of them are Reformed, but not all.

So explain how you will get involved on the 4th or will you just ignore this post and do nothing, except have hot dogs/burgers and drink sodas/beer? I have ordered some 4th of July Gospel of John's from Pocket Testament league and plan to pass then out. If I do not do this, then I have wasted a valuable day of Biblical evangelism.

#1 evangelist6589, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013