1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Abrahamic Covenant & Germany

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Ulsterman, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I am interested particularly in hearing from those of a dispensationalist persuasion on this one. This is a genuine query.

The Abrahamic Covenant promises "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee." It is clear to see how this applied to the Moabites, Ammonites, Romans etc., but in more recent times how do you think Germany has been or will be cursed for its part in the holocaust? Do you think it half century of division of the land and its capital amounts to God's response? Or do you perceive that Germany is still to reap her judgment for her atrocities against the Jew?

It seems to me that the control of Germany by the Allied nations, and the execution of Nazi leaders and war criminals in the aftermath of the war, was only to be expected. Yet tday Germany sits proud as though these things had never happened - a driving force in the European Union. Is Germany yet to fall?

This is a genuine question, I am not seeking to debate the pros and cons of the Abrahamic Coveant per se, but curious as to how folks perceive God has acted or will act against Germany.

2. Tim

Tim New Member

Ulsterman,

Sounds like you're a Nazi antisemite to me!

Tim

P.S. Just kidding. I just wanted to beat some BB dispensationalists to the punch. Now that we've got that out of the way, maybe we can address your question.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

As a dispensationalist who believes in the normal interpretation of the AC, I don't think we can have any idea whether or not Germany is under the curse of God. They were persecuting Jews who were/still are in a state of judgment from God. I am not sure we can take the blessing/cursing promise and apply it straight across the board in this era. Having said, neither am I convinced that we can't. (How's that for jumping on the fence ... :D ) Simply put, I don't think we can know the answer to your question. It is a possibility, but there have been all kinds of nations who have been unfriendly to the Jews in the last 2 millennia who haven't suffered a similar fate.

4. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, the final judgement hasn't happened yet. we'll know for sure when it does.

5. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Hey, the Nazi regieme lost world war II, what more do you want?

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Israel does not equal Abraham, so the bless them / curse them promise doesn't apply to them. It is directly tied to Christ, Abraham's greatest son. Those who bless Christ will be blessed while those who curse him will be cursed.