1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Absolute Decree of Reprobation Expounded

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Protestant, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Guys notice last post I didn't mention any faith.

What you think Iconoclast, SovereignGrace?:Cool

Did I offend Hitler-God?

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't offend the god of your imagination because he doesn't exist.
    The true and living God it seems you neither know nor understand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. utilyan

Site Supporter

Whats interesting is there is no challenge to there being any misrepresentation saying your idea of God is Hitler.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Might makes Right is a motto of cowards.

"Lets have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it." - Abraham Lincoln

5. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Don’t worry. We will be.

6. Protestant

Not Utilyan.

7. Protestant

Signs by Which to Identify the Reprobate

Part 3

The Madness of Nebuchadnezzar: A Type of Visible Reprobation

[​IMG]

Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him…… thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen…… his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws (Daniel 4).

Our Lord has the power to send a spirit of stupor to those He reprobates, causing them to descend into madness, as evidenced in the life of the King of Babylon.

A prime example of this happening in our lifetime is seen in the religious practices of the unholy father, Pope Francis.

Most virile, unattached males would be drawn to the opposite sex, as naturally as a moth to a flame.

But not the unholy father.

He prefers close relationships with females who can neither talk, walk, think nor swim.

[​IMG]

In this photo we see the Pontiff reaching out to his latest ‘lady friend’ for a sign that she, too, has similar affections for him. But, alas, no sign is forthcoming. Her heart is stone cold toward the Pontiff.

In the photo below we see an extreme form of stupefaction.

[​IMG]

Having been sent a strong spirit of stupor, the unholy father began his work day wearing his bed sheet.

No one among his many slaves dares question his motive for doing so.

By the time he was called to perform the profane ritual of the Mass, the unholy father had somehow entwined himself in his bed sheet to such a degree that he was unable to extricate himself.

Undaunted, Francis continued the unholy sacrifice, lifting up both bed sheet and transubstantiated golden idol which he and his followers worship as very God of very God.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness (2 Thess. 2:8-12).

Continued.............

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

So the 1st sign of a reprobate is that they are black, typical Nazis.

9. Protestant

The more you talk, the deeper the hole.

• Like Like x 1
  10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Ephesians 4
    2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Your such a sweet guy.

With you around, who the hell needs Jesus?

11. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just too awful! Behold the bread god! Bow down and worship! :Frown

• Like Like x 1
  12. Protestant

Awful, indeed. The only thing worse is the fact that there are numerous beloved, honored and praised Evangelical 'leaders', such as Graham, Rice, Dobson, Falwell, Hanegraaff, TBN, Robison, Copeland, Van Impe, Palau, etc., etc., who have no problem with such overt blasphemy, commending the Pope as a fellow Christian who loves the Lord.

Jesus promises the Elect will in no way be deceived by such false prophets (Mattew 24:24).

13. Protestant

With you around, who needs Hell?

14. Protestant

Further Observations on Reprobation

Our God knows all things (John 16:30), not the least of which are all the men He has already created or is yet to create.

Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world (Acts 15:18).

Yet Scripture makes a distinction between God’s knowledge of the Elect and His knowledge of the Reprobate.

In the OT the Lord considered Israel His chosen/elect people:

You only have I known of all the families of the earth (Amos 3:2 KJV).

You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth (NIV).

God’s knowledge of Israel was quite different from His knowledge of all other nations.

This was due to the fact that it was through Israel He would bring forth the Messiah.

It was to Israel alone He revealed Himself, His Law and His gracious way of salvation.

However, within the known/chosen family of Israel, our Lord makes the distinction that they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. (Romans 9:6).

True Israelites (Galatians 6:15-16) are the children of the promise – God’s eternal promise/covenant to save certain Jews and Gentiles of His own choosing (Romans 9:8).

Those who are elect are foreknown as such.

Even today elect Jews are coming to Christ in ever increasing numbers because God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew (Romans 11:2).

The Elect, whether Jew or Gentile, are considered the ‘foreknown’ because it is from among those miserable, lost, hateful sinners that God the Father chose/elected some to be objects of His saving grace through Christ Jesus.

The Apostle Peter confirms this truth:

To those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father(1 Peter 1:1-2).

The Apostle Paul confirms this truth:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son (Romans 8:28-29).

Reprobation Contrasted

Although God knows all things before He created the Heavens, the Earth, and all that is contained therein, the Holy Spirit would have us understand that in the context of salvation God does not ‘know’ all men.

To ‘not know’ someone in that context is to ‘not choose for salvation.’

This truth is exemplified in Matthew 7:23:

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Here Christ predicts many who claim Him as Lord are really counterfeit Christians, not having the internal saving work of grace in their lives, though they are visible Church members who perform external works which commend themselves to men.

They were never given to Christ by the Father (John 17:6; John 6:39).

Rather than possessing the holiness and good works of true saints, they are viewed as nothing less than evil workers of wickedness.

The adverb ‘never’ is quite forceful:

“At no time in the past or future; on no occasion; not ever” did Christ know them as His.

The same meaning holds true for God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, since the triune God is of one mind.

The Lord knoweth them that are His (2 Timothy 2:19).

He knew them from eternity (Ephesians 1:4).

They are those chosen/elected for salvation.

Those not chosen/not elected are not His.

They are the Devil’s own (Matt. 25:41; John 8:44; Ephesian 2:2).

To Be Continued………

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Malachi 1
    6“ ‘A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My respect?’ says the LORD of hosts to you, O priests who despise My name. But you say, ‘How have we despised Your name?’ 7You are presenting defiled food upon My altar. But you say, ‘How have we defiled You?’ In that you say, ‘The table of the LORD is to be despised.8“But when you present the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? And when you present the lame and sick, is it not evil? Why not offer it to your governor? Would he be pleased with you? Or would he receive you kindly?” says the LORD of hosts. 9“But now will you not entreat God’s favor, that He may be gracious to us? With such an offering on your part, will He receive any of you kindly?” says the LORD of hosts. 10“Oh that there were one among you who would shut the gates, that you might not uselessly kindle fire on My altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the LORD of hosts, “nor will I accept an offering from you. 11“For from the rising of the sun even to its setting, My name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense is going to be offered to My name, and a grain offering that is pure; for My name will be great among the nations,” says the LORD of hosts. 12“But you are profaning it, in that you say, ‘The table of the Lord is defiled, and as for its fruit, its food is to be despised.’ 13“You also say, ‘My, how tiresome it is!’ And you disdainfully sniff at it,” says the LORD of hosts, “and you bring what was taken by robbery and what is lame or sick; so you bring the offering! Should I receive that from your hand?” says the LORD. 14“But cursed be the swindler who has a male in his flock and vows it, but sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord, for I am a great King,” says the LORD of hosts, “and My name is feared among the nations.”

According to God, a time will come when incense is offered to him all day long among all nations. That's the easy part.

He also says in addition an offering that is pure will be given, All day long, in every nation.
    That is impossible because there is only one pure offering.

Who are those who are profaning it? Saying "its food to be despised"?

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one seems to come forward to refute these solid ideas.....

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

I believe the entire bible.

God is pretty clear, God himself can proclaim you righteous or wicked. That is a greater certainty then just self proclaimed.

Ezekiel 33

12“And you, son of man, say to your fellow citizens, ‘The righteousness of a righteous man will not deliver him in the day of his transgression, and as for the wickedness of the wicked, he will not stumble because of it in the day when he turns from his wickedness; whereas a righteous man will not be able to live by his righteousness on the day when he commits sin.’ 13“When I say to the righteous he will surely live, and he so trusts in his righteousness that he commits iniquity, none of his righteous deeds will be remembered; but in that same iniquity of his which he has committed he will die. 14“But when I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and he turns from his sin and practices justice and righteousness, 15if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 16“None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him. He has practiced justice and righteousness; he shall surely live.

Here God is telling a man he is surely going to be saved and another he will surely be damned.

Jeremiah 18
    5Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, 6“Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel. 7“At one moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to uproot, to pull down, or to destroy it; 8if that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it. 9“Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; 10if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it.

Again God declares the very destruction of a nation, yet even though he planned calamity for it, he takes it back.

The very idea supremacy by status is what Jesus combats in parable

Luke 18
    9And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11“The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12‘I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13“But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14“I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

We still hear the Pharisees today. "Thank God I'm not like this Reprobate."

Yet, the "reprobates" say you are a child of God.

What is wrong with that picture?

18. Protestant

Further Observations on Reprobation

Part 2

Since the Bible speaks of predestination in the context of salvation of the Elect, is it possible to infer predestination in the context of damnation of the Reprobate?

Is there predestination to glory of the Elect, as well as predestination to damnation of the Reprobate?

Ergo, is double predestination taught?

Let’s look at the biblical evidence.

Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world (Acts 15:18).

If God knew all men from eternity, they are foreknown by Him, (in the literal sense), meaning they were known by Him before they were born.

As proven in my previous essay, there is a unique foreknowledge of God toward His Elect.

The Lord ‘knows’ who He has chosen for salvation (2 Timothy 2:19).

Contrarily, the Lord knows who He has not chosen for salvation (Matthew 7:23).

These things He knew from eternity, before men were born.

He knew the final destinies of both the Elect and the Reprobate before they were born.

Their final destinies were determined by God before they were born.

The end of a purpose is always determined prior to determining the means to the end.

For example, in human terms, one must first determine his destination before he plans his route to that destination.

If it were my intent to go to Los Angeles, I would not plan my trip so I would end up in New York.

If mere men could use such reasonable logic, certainly our all-wise God would not be less reasonable and logical.

There is no ‘accident,’ ‘bad luck,’ or poor planning responsible for the fact that many men whom God created will have destruction in the Lake of Fire as their final destination.

It’s not as if He sincerely tried His best to save those men, yet was powerless to do so.

Rather, it was the eternal intention and purpose of God that such would be their end.

If that were not so, then our God is either:

a) Not omnipotent; not able to achieve His purpose.

b) Not all-wise, not able to discern the means to achieve His purpose.

c) Not perfect, but fallible; due to His failing to accomplish His will

The eternal, unfailing purpose of God is to save the Elect and to damn the Reprobate

All creation has a purpose (Ecclesiastes 3).

The purpose of creation, especially man, is to glorify God (Isaiah 43:7; Jude 1:25; Matthew 6:13).

The Elect, who are vessels of mercy, will glorify His grace (Romans 9:23).

The Reprobates, who are vessels of wrath, will glorify His justice (Romans 9:22; Rev. 19:1-6).

God will be glorified in both the Elect and Reprobate.

Conclusion

From eternity our Lord has determined the end of all men, sinners by nature through their father, Adam.

God has predetermined their destinies.

To predetermine one’s destiny is to predestine.

He predestines the destiny of the Elect to glorify His grace.

He predestines the destiny of the Reprobate to glorify His justice.

Therefore, double predestination is simply God’s determining from eternity the end of all men to two very different destinies: glory vs. damnation.

NEXT: Further Proof

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

If all has been predestined by God and I have no free will. Then you are not debating anyone but GOD.

Matthew 23

37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.

If it worked the way you think it works, Then Jesus is a liar for not actually wanting to gather. Because if he did wanted he would simply fix the puppet-work to allow him so.

Matthew 23
    15“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Jesus says they can make a person worst. Also the Pharisees would be incapable of hypocrisy.

A puppet can only do what the puppeteer wills.

When you sin who's fault is it? God because he wanted me to sin.

This sort of theology is the kind people are attracted to excuse themselves and enable their sins.

Matthew 19
    9“And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

That's ok I'm saved, I'm elect. I can continue in adultery my status will blow this over, besides its not even my fault I sin, its because God wanted me to sin.

A sinner can say, I abuse my family, but that's ok because I am elect, it is God's fault if I do sin anyways.

2 peter 2

20For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. 22It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”

A Calvinist can't show me an example of this fellah^ He would have to admit someone who escaped defilements of the world and who knew the way of righteousness.

For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness. Who is better not knowing Jesus?

Its the guy who excuses himself to sin, Once saved/elect, always saved.

Never saved/elect to begin with , means never ever knowing the way of righteousness.

Here he is talking about someone who knows the way of righteousness.

20. Protestant

Before one attempts to delve into the deeper things of God, one need learn the ABCs first.

By declaring the universal salvation of all people as Utilyan has done, he/she publicly declares to God’s Elect he/she neither knows the As, Bs, or Cs of biblical Christianity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.