1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The ACLU

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Alcott, May 11, 2006.

?
  1. The ACLU is a strong proponent of personal freedom; therefore it has my unfaltering support

36.7%
  2. The ACLU is a strong proponent of personal freedom; though disagreeing with <i>some</i> of its stand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I agree with the stands/cases taken by the ACLU about half the time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have an overall negative opinion of the ACLU

3.3%
  5. The ACLU is an <i>anti-Christ</i> organization

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The ACLU is dominated by atheists and agnostics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The ACLU is dominated by “secularists”— non-theists, or religious liberals who might as well be non-

3.3%
  8. The ACLU is dominated by subversives with anti-American goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The ACLU is vitally concerned about the rights of every American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. To the ACLU, the rights of <i>some</i>— minorities, the foreign-born, pagans— come before the rights

23.3%
  11. If the ACLU had its way, there would be far more incidents like the World Trade Towers collapse on 9

6.7%
  12. I feel safer because the ACLU is there to protect my rights in case anyone violates them

13.3%
  13. I feel less safe because of the ACLU being there to protect the rights of someone who would violate

6.7%
  14. The ACLU wishes to rid ‘public’ buildings and grounds of anything that affirms Christianity as havin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. The ACLU wishes to force as many families as possible to place/keep their children in <i>public</i>

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. By successfully pushing to remove organized prayer from public settings, the ACLU has had a major ro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. By pushing for legally recognized homosexual marriages, the ACLU is seeking to force many people to

3.3%
  18. I can envision asking the ACLU for help if I think my rights are being violated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I cannot envision asking the ACLU for help if I think my rights are being violated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. If the ACLU takes a case with plaintiffs who oppose many of its clearly-proclaimed stands, it cannot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I am, or have been, a member of the ACLU

3.3%
  22. I would not consider becoming a member of the ACLU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Knowing a candidate for office is a member of the ACLU eliminates him/her from my consideration as a

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. The ACLU is to be condemned

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I know nothing at all about the ACLU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since almost every time the ACLU is brought up on these boards it produces a wave of expressed feelings— mostly negative, but some positive— this poll is about how we really feel about the organization.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marxist, communist, anti-American, anti-Chirstian, pro-Un, pro-world government, anti-American soveriegnty piece of trash. :D

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes I applaud the ACLU, sometimes I "boo" the ACLU.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Un-American.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Just another special interest group that muddies the waters of American politics, but by no means is the ACLU the anti-Christ or the problem with America as some seem to think.

6. mima

mima New Member

My son is a superintendent of schools. One of the students in those schools made a totally inappropriate web site. Vulgar, crude, unethical but when my son disciplined him by expelling him he sued the school. Now this was a 15-year-old boy living with his widowed mother and they were living On very limited means. Yet the ACLU took the case, ably represented the young man, and won the lawsuit. I later told the ACLU lawyer I'm thankful for the ACLU, because I recognize the fact that they will represent anyone who thinks their freedoms and rights have been violated. The lawyer said to me, I appreciate the fact that you appreciate the ACLU most people just hate us without understanding what were all about at all. Around 1890 H. G. Wells the writer said this after learning about America's citizens freedoms and rights being constitutionally protected. The United States is the great experiment how far can we let freedom go.

7. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Isn't it interesting had the boy set up a Christ Centered web site the ACLU would have sued the school for allowing *that* to happen...

I reiterate that the ACLU only takes cases that support their "End Game" which is the dissolution of all Morals and Ethics in America and the excision of all vestiges of Christianity from Visible Life...

SMM

8. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

The ACLU defends NAMBLA...nuff said.

9. npc

npc New Member

And if they actually defended a Christian in this case it would just mean they're serving some hidden anti-Christian agenda. :rolleyes:

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Can you provide a link where the ACLU did in fact go to court on behalf of a Christian displaying Christianity on public property?

Can you provide a link where a students was allowed to maintain a Christian Web Site on a Public School Server and the ACLU supported it?

BTW: I do not believe a Christian Site would ever be:
    SMM

11. npc

npc New Member

12. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

They make all the right people mad, so they must be doing something right.