1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Ages in Genesis

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by antiaging, Jan 30, 2008.

1. antiaging

antiaging New Member

That is Old Covenant. In the New Covenant more is granted.

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me SHALL NEVER DIE. Believest thou this?
    40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

22 Jesus saith unto him, IF I WILL THAT HE TARRY till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
    23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, IF I WILL THAT HE TARRY till I come, what is that to thee?

Those words of Jesus indicate that in the New Covenant, if a Christian really believes he won't die, then he won't. Also it is possible for a man to live from the first century until Jesus comes back, if He wills Him to.

2. antiaging

antiaging New Member

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
    16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
    17 But of the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

They were allowed to eat of every tree of the garden except one.
    They ate of the tree of life until they sinned. After that they were not allowed to eat of it anymore so that they would eventually die of old age.

3. antiaging

antiaging New Member

Aging is cause by:
    Oxidation products in the cells converting to free radicals by background radiation. The free radicals cause cell damage which slows the funcions of the cells and the cell divisions down. Slower cell divisions causes more cells to die than are being regenerated. Causing aging.
    Antioxidant vitamins, megadoses, can clean the oxidation products out fast enough so that the cells are not damaged and the cell divisions continue to be at a fast level. So no aging.-- Calcium need for bones and teeth to regenerate.
    Clean colon also helps. More sleep for more Human growth harmone helps.

4. antiaging

antiaging New Member

Overwork, not enough sleep, no vitamin supplements will cause premature aging and an early death.
    Robert Ripley, of Ripley's believe it or not, burned out that way. When in his 40s the doctor told him he had the body of an 80 year old. He died in his 40s.

5. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I don't believe it. :D

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is from John 11 where Christ states "Lazarus IS dead! I go that I may wake him".

Funny how we have SOOOO many examples of people blowing that 120 year limit right out of the water by almost a factor of 8 or 9 in the OT and yet NOT ONE Bible account of ANYONE in the NT ever doing it!

Now this is not to say that there may have been a case or two over the past 2000 years where 1 or 2 people eeked their way huffing and barely puffing past 120 - but that is nothing compared to the 200's, 500's, 800's that were "mere children" pre-flood by comparison to the 900's.

That account regarding John is another good example of a saintly disciple dying long before 150 or 120 or 500 years of age. New Covenant and all.

in Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very true. And in Gen 3 God says that He now needs to bar the way to the Tree of Life so they will no longer have access to it - lest they eat and "live forever".

in Christ,

Bob

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Where is the account that while they were in the garden they ate of the Tree of Life?

9. antiaging

antiaging New Member

Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident; A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

"It is the responsibility of scientists never to suppress knowledge, no matter how awkward that knowledge is, no matter how much it may bother those in power. We are not smart enough to decide which pieces of knowledge are permissible and which are not."
    --Carl Sagan, in a 1991 commencement address at UCLA

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance!"
    --Albert Einstein

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    --Herbert Spencer

10. antiaging

antiaging New Member

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

That statement is true as long as it does not contradict any other scripture in the New Testament.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
    John 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

All of that is in the context of physical death.

So, apparently no one recorded in the scriptures really believed he would not die. So what. That does not negate the truth, according to the Words of Jesus, that if a real Christian did believe it, then he would not die.
    That also does not negate what Jesus said about willing someone to tarry from the first century till He returns.

According to scripture, a real Christian is only limited by what he is willing to believe, conscerning what is possible to happen to him; so long as it does not contradict any other scripture of the New Testament.

Ecclesiastes 6:6 Yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?

And because of those words it could have been a possibility for the old covenant as well.

That verse about 3 score years and 10 is in general. Not in every case; obviously.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ahhh - gotcha. We just need to believe that we will live forever and we will.

Hmmm - that's really interesting, especially since it does not line up with Scripture OR true historical fact.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

hummmm, a scripture twister,, no shortage of those is there.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

so if I take vitamins, sleep a lot, do not ever over work I can expect to not die.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

LOL :tonofbricks: :BangHead:
    so you have a lot of men, how about scripture that isn't twisted?

15. antiaging

antiaging New Member

What you got seems to be doubt. Go and read what Jesus said again.

Go to a book store or a health food store and buy a book on slowing down aging with nutrition. There are several of them. There are people around the world megadosing on vitamins to slow down aging. There is a volume of research done on this subject already. A vitamin combination works much better than a single one. Very large doses of cetain vitamins, work better still. [Too much vitamin A or D can kill you.]
    I saw a woman on TV at a vitamin conference or show, and she was in her 50s and was young like her 30s. I am not the only one doing this. But, I think I started doing it at an earlier age and probably pushed it further than anyone else.
    The ones that are using human growth harmone to slow down aging are not doing it as well as they think. That is like a quick fix, and not a cure. It also has serious side effects like unwanted bone growth (giantism) and acromagaly; Giant face. If they stop taking the HGH, they get older by the same years they got younger rapidly.
    HGH works on the harmone level. Antioxidants work on the cellular level.

#35 antiaging, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I'm 42 and I'm CONSTANTLY getting mistaken for being in my 20s. I guess I'm doing something right. But that certainly doesn't mean that I'm going to live past 120. Those who take good care of themselves can live longer - but no longer than the prescribed lifespan of man. I'm sorry to disagree with you but I know that you can not show one person who is beyond 120 who is living well.

17. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

"Falsehood, along with truth, will be ridiculed"--Rubato 1