1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Anabaptist Story

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Gorship, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    http://books.google.ca/books/about/The_Anabaptist_Story.html?id=BF8D09JSfzwC

Reading through this book as I did Drive by church history by the gang over at Wretched Radio but they were a little slanted towards Calvinism and the Reformers - Being a Baptist I sought out our history and came across this book.

Has anyone else read it? Im about 100 pages in and to be honest I'm quite slack jawed at the way the Catholic Church AND the reformed church from Zwingli camp has been treating the Anabaptist's! No wonder they don't want to talk about THIS portion of history!

Just kind of a rant/discussion starter on our History. :) :thumbs:

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may also enjoy The Reformers and Their Stepchildren - Leonard Verduin (I think I spelled his last name right).

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might also enjoy, Communities of Conviction: Baptist Beginnings in Europe by Ian Randall.

Also you might enjoy:

The Development of Russian Evangelical Spirituality: A Study of Ivan V. Kargel (1849–1937)
    By Gregory L. Nichols

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my favorites. An interesting fact is Dr. Verduin was a through going Dutch Reformed man. So, the book isn't written by a Baptist. But he does bring out and explain a lot of the behind the scenes actions of the Day.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it back in seminary and I had the privilege of knowing Dr. Estep personally and sitting under him for a couple of semesters of church history.

He gave me an appreciation for Baptist origins and the great personal and corporate cost of the Radical Reformation.