1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Anointing as It Relates to Ministry By: Pastor Benny Hinn

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jul 11, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

The Anointing as It Relates to Ministry
    By Pastor Benny Hinn
    Unity Is Essential

The anointing of God will not flow unless we are in fellowship with God and his people.

“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore” (Psalm 133:1-3).

We must be diligent to keep the anointing. It is a continual struggle to keep it while in ministry because it is easily lost. Prayerlessness, distraction, lack of discernment, and similar problems can cause one to lose the anointing. To keep it strong you must be in fellowship with the Lord and his church.

Separation from God’s people is dangerous, as the following scripture passage affirms: “I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, recieveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church” (3 John 9-11)

We see from this passage that Diotrephes:

wanted preeminence. He wanted to be number one.
    would not receive counsel from the apostles.
    attacked the apostles publicly.
    was not content or in harmony with anyone.
    did not fellowship with other believers.
    forbade fellowship.
    cast out those who challenged him.
    Do not be like this man. Instead, be one with the body of Christ. Do not trust anyone who demands separation from the body of Christ.

God Does Not Anoint Flesh

God only anoints those who walk in the Sprit-those who have crucified the flesh and its deeds. Only the garments—life in Christ—is anointed. The human flesh is not anointed, as the verses below attest.

1. “Upon man’s flesh shall it not be pouted, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it: it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you” (Exodus 30.32).

2. “But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour” (II Timothy2.20, 21)

Without the anointing there will not be lasting fruit or results. Only anointed ministries have futures.

The success of a ministry is dependant upon the anointing; without it there will be no fruits or results and that ministry will be dead and lifeless.

The Anointing and the Kingdom of God

The Kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom run by spiritual principles and spiritual power: “For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power” (I Corinthians 4.20).

It is not “how-to’s”
    It is not head knowledge
    It is dependant upon the Holy Spirit and his Power
    These are powerful times in which we live. Sin abounds, but grace does much more abound. Millions of people, unhappily, are charging in the opposite direction from God. Society is in a shambles. Our young people are suffering. But other millions are hungry for God and want to line up with Him and serve Him. I trust that you are in that later group, and I pray that as you go forward you will go forward in the power of the Holy Spirit, in His precious anointing that is for all of God’s people. 1

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hinn's understanding of "the anointing" is not biblical at all. "The anointing" as he calls it, is the Holy Spirit who indwells each believer upon faith in Christ. We don't have to "work hard" to keep the HS.

Hinn also calls "the Anointing" an "it." This is heretical if he's referring to the Holy Spirit. Most Word Faith teachers do it. Copeland does it, too. They talk about the HS as if he's a force, not a Person of the Trinity.

This thing by Hinn is his attempt to put down those who criticize his teachings by saying they are causing division in the body of Christ. But what he seems to ignore is that we are not to unite with those who hold to or teach false doctrine.

3. Link

Link New Member

Another question to ask is whether the word 'anointing' is being used in a Biblical manner.

The OT passages quoted about the anointing not being done on flesh, etc. is talking about literally anointing someone with oil. There was a sacred oil that was used for specific priestly functions.

Some people talk about 'losing the anointing.' But David still called Saul the LORD's anointed even after the Spirit of God left Saul. Anointed, but did have the Spirit? Hmmm.

Does the Bible ever say that 'the anointing' IS the Holy Spirit? I see in the New Testament that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit. But that does not mean that the 'rubbing on' of the Spirit and the Spirit Himself are the same. So I don't think there is a Biblical case for calling a someone a heretic for using 'it' in regard to the anointing.

I think 'anointing' is used at times when 'gifting', 'calling' or 'grace' might be a better term. John said 'ye have an anointing that teacheth you all things.' He did not say 'thou hast an anointing.' I don't see where any individual was said to be anointed in the NT besides Christ. The anointing John wrote of was on 'ye'-- plural. You plural have an anointing.

Also, notice that this anointing was for John's readers, not just individual 'geat men of God.'

4. Pete

Pete New Member

Considering the number of false prophecies Mr Hinn has given over the years while under his "anointing" it doesn't say much for it...

"We must be diligent to keep the anointing. It is a continual struggle to keep it while in ministry because it is easily lost. Prayerlessness, distraction, lack of discernment, and similar problems can cause one to lose the anointing."

Oh help..."lack of discernment...can cause one to lose the anointing", fair dinkum...I think based on his record ol' Benny has a bit of a lack of discernment ABOUT his anointing..

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Benny Hinn has no idea what scripture really says or means. He is completely blind to it.