1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Anti-Christ....destined to Hell?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by JeffM, Aug 18, 2004.

1. JeffM

JeffM New Member

A few days ago, I had an interesting conversation with a new-ager who seemed to be well educated in Christian theology.

We were talking about the book of Revelation and the anti-christ when he says to me:

"So, this person who is destined by God to be the anti-christ, who is going to fulfill God's purpose, is also going to be destined to Hell. Do you believe God has destined anyone to Hell, when he is a loving God?"

I have to admit, I didn't know how to answer him. It also made me really wonder about that for a few seconds because it is something I have thought about for a couple of decades.

He then said, "I think that the person destined to be the anti-christ will have his soul delivered to Heaven when he is assassinated, then God lets Satan possess the body when he brings it back to life.

Now this makes complete sense.

Has this been discussed before?

I find it hard to believe a loving God would destine anyone to be such an evil person. For years I felt terrible about the person who was born to be the anti-christ, knowing their soul was going to Hell.

Thoughts?

2. Cix

Cix New Member

God doesn't want anyone to go to hell. But he gives us free will to make our own decisions. We go to hell by our own free will by not accepting the free gift of salvation Jesus Christ gives us. I would think that when the anti-christ comes it will be a person that hasn't accepted Christ as thier savior and therefore has been possessed by the devil? I believe that demons or devils cannot possess a saved person because the Holy Spirit dwells in them. As far as being destined to hell, everyone who doesn't accept Christ is destined to hell, including the anti-christ.

3. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

I find it hard to believe a loving God would destine anyone to be such an evil person. For years I felt terrible about the person who was born to be the anti-christ, knowing their soul was going to Hell.

I don't believe God has "destined" anyone to be evil or go to hell. I believe God foreknows what people will say or do and therefore, on that basis, He will know who it will be and therefore He can say, they are "destined" for hell.

NomadsWife

4. Eltrow

Eltrow New Member

We are so one sided when it comes to the attributes of God especially the heathen. Even in the church all I ever hear is "God is love, love, love, love, love." God is holy, just, good, eternal, to mention just a few. God also hates! Paul was moved by the terror of the Lord.

2Co 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Why don't we get our perspective of God from what He says about Himself and not what we feel? Speculation will get us into big trouble.

Pr 16:4 ¶ The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God says He makes the wicked for the day of evil, and reserved for the day of destruction.

Job 21:30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

For what purpose?

Ro 9:22 [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Is He all wise?

2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

The doctrine of predestination is not easy to understand without the Holy Spirit guiding.

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Th 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Joh 6:71 He spake of Judas Iscariot [the son] of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Apparently God does assign people to destruction.

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

As soon as I find "anti-Christ" in Revelation I'll give you my answer.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

lol [​IMG] <Is lol and laughing icon redundant?>

There is no 'anti-christ' in Revelation. There's the unholy trinity of the dragon, the beast, and false prophet.

First John actually says there are many antichrists in the world already.

The question I get is, "Can Satan or demons be saved?" Answer: no.

Christ came to redeem men only. He was made one of us to redeem us (Heb 2).

7. Eltrow

Eltrow New Member

I think many people confuse "free will" and volition. Free will implies that we can do any thing we wish. Volition is the ability to choose.

Q: Can we do ANYTHING we wish?

Ge 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

1Sa 25:26 Now therefore, my lord, [as] the LORD liveth, and [as] thy soul liveth, seeing the LORD hath withholden thee from coming to [shed] blood, and from avenging thyself with thine own hand, now let thine enemies, and they that seek evil to my lord, be as Nabal.

Some will even be unable to believe.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: