1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Apostle Peter on the Second Coming of Our LORD

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, May 3, 2015.

1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imminent=ready to take place= in 2000 years according to you.

Sorry you can't have it both ways. Either the return is still about 200 years out accordingly to YOUR dating or it could happen at any time, be Imminent.

So what is it Imminent or 200 years away by YOUR dates?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

By God's time today!

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Jesus said Matthew 25:13, "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

We don't know the day nor the hour so it is imminent.

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you going to recant what you said in post 77 about his coming being 200 years out?

Sorry I'm on my phone and can't quote that post as well as this one.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Better make that 1007+ years since dispensational scholar John F. Walvoord writes in Major Bible Prophecies that the time lapse between “the Rapture” and the “Second Coming” will be more than seven years [pages 283, 293]?:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:

6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Never said it was two hundred years out. Simply pointing out the by the Jewish calender it could be.

Here is what I said,
    "According to the Jewish calender we are in the year 5775, that would leave 225 years to reach 6000 and the Lord could come in 232 years, but the signs we are to look for are upon us, so as those of the early church I look for and love His appearing believing His return is imminent.

What year are we in? No one really knows, those early church fathers knew even less than we do. "

No where did I say I believed it would be 232 years, I said that it could be by the Jewish calender.

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

"According to the Jewish calender we are in the year 5775, that would leave 225 years to reach 6000 and the Lord could come in 232 years, but the signs we are to look for are upon us, so as those of the early church I look for and love His appearing believing His return is imminent.

What year are we in? No one really knows, those early church fathers knew even less than we do."

Somebody needs a reading comprehension program and a dictionary to see what the Word Could means.

The pre-tirb view is very clear, the 7 year Trib ends and the 2nd coming occurs. Ushering in the 1000 year reign. So man has at least 1007 years of time left according to the Bible.

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one making the argument that man only has 6000 years by doing some major reading into the text of Peter. You are then the one that says that we are only in year 5775 by the Jewish Calendar. You are the one that said that there is 225 years until we hit the 6000 year mark and then you are the one that gave your self a 7 year window to make room for the tribulation. The only thing that can be concluded from all your statement and math is that the return/rapture is 200+ years out. Why do through all that math if that is not the point?

Let me play this game some more using your logic. According to Daniel there are 70 weeks. A week has 7 days so we know based on Peter that is actually 7000 years so that means there are 490 days or 490,000 years. I think I have made my point that when you start reading into the text and trying to find hidden codes you will end up in crazy territory.

9. OldRegular

You did not say could you said
    Dispensational scholar John F. Walvoord writes in Major Bible Prophecies that the time lapse between “the Rapture” and the “Second Coming” will be more than seven years [pages 283, 293]?:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:

But the pre-trib-"snatching"-away-of-the-Church-by-force is unBiblical and fiction out of the mind of John Nelson Darby and popularized in this country by Scofield's book!

10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I said all of that to show we can't know what year we actually in. The word could= "Used with hypothetical or conditional force" therefor my statements was not setting dates but hypothetical dates. Real easy if you pay attention instead of reading something in that is there.

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

What year are we in? No one really knows, those early church fathers knew even less than we do. "

I said could for the 232 years and could as a hypthetical. 1007 is what we know man has plus what ever we have until the RAPTURE.

7 for the Tribulation period

1000 for the reign of Christ in His Kingdom, those are hard and fast in scripture.

#91 revmwc, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  12. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That man only has 6000 + 1007 years is not hard and fast in Scripture. You have to read a lot into Peter to get the idea that Man only has 6000 years.

13. OldRegular

I think they get it from Bishop Usher!

14. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Your twist of what I said is above.

What I actually said with hypothetical word could.

Some commentaries I have read state Peter was showing that if it took 2000 years for Him to return it would still be but Yesterday that Christ died. I was taught the 7000 years of time for man.

We need only be looking for His return. But I still believe that the Bible bears out a close to 6000 year old earth and we will soon see the Snatching away. Leaving 1007 years of time left for man.

According to the Jewish calender we are in the year 5775, that would (insertion to clarify when you subtract a number from another number that would leave the answer) leave 225 years to reach 6000 and the Lord could come in 232 years, but the signs we are to look for are upon us, so as those of the early church I look for and love His appearing believing His return is imminent.

What year are we in? No one really knows, those early church fathers knew even less than we do.

The problem with you hypothetical of Daniels prophecy is that all but the last week has been fulfilled.

It was fulfilled over a 483 year period. Dividing 483 by 7 give you 69 thus 69 weeks has been fulfilled.
    What was to happen in the 69th week, Messiah was to be cut off. Jesus was crucified in the 483rd year from the decree to rebuild the city just as Daniel prophesied.

The 70 weeks were actual 7 year periods of time. One has yet to be fulfilled.

#94 revmwc, May 8, 2015
  15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can try to cover yourself with the word COULD all you want, but you are teaching that man has 6000 year before the Rapture. Why else would you go through all the math to try to prove this theory?

I know what the 70 weeks are. I was just showing how abusred it is to try to prove that man only has 6000 years based on twisting Peter and Genesis together. And yet you keep insisting on reading the 6000 years into Peters Letter

16. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets look at your original statement that started us down this trail

You made the claim that man only has 6000 years before for the Rapture.
    That statement is in direct contradiction to the imminent return of Christ. There is no COULD in this quote. There is no Hypothetical in this quote. But a clear statement that you believe that God has only given man 6000 years before the Rapture.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Again your twist above
    my words "a close to 6000 year old earth and we will soon see the Snatching away. Leaving 1007 years of time left for man."

Evidently you two don't speak southern language.

18. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quoted you directly from your post 35

You are making the claim that man has 6000 years before the rapture. And that man will only be on this earth 7000 years total. There is no "about", or "around", or "could be" or anything like that in this statement.

19. OldRegular

No Peter was saying nothing of the kind. Jesus Christ was crucified on a Roman Cross almost 2000 years ago because the leaders of the Jews wanted Him dead! And who in the world was so foolish as to play GOD and say the time of man was 7000 years? Or is it 7007?

Following the raising of Lazarus from death we read the following: {If it is too much for you "rm" just read the big print!}

John 11:45-53
    45. Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
    46. But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.
    47. Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.
    48.If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
    49. And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
    50. Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
    52. And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
    53. Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.

Then when Pilate would have freed Jesus Christ the Jews essentially blackmailed Pilate into crucifying Jesus Christ. They were indeed wicked men and GOD punished them in HIS own time and used Rome to do it, at least here on earth!

John 18:28-19:16
    28. Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.
    29. Pilate then went out unto them, and said, What accusation bring ye against this man?
    30. They answered and said unto him, If he were not a malefactor, we would not have delivered him up unto thee.
    31. Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:
    32. That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which he spake, signifying what death he should die
    33. Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
    34. Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
    35. Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
    36. Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
    37. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
    38. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.
    39. But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?
    40. Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.
    19:1. Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.
    2. And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,
    3. And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands.
    4. Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.

5. Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!
    6. When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.
    7. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
    8. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;

9. And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.
    10. Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
    11. Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
    [size]12. And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar’s friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.[/size]
    13. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
    14. And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
    15. But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.
    16. Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.

The above account of the trial of Jesus Christ and the wickedness of the Jews should lead all to understand what the Incarnate GOD endured for the Salvation of HIS people. Little wonder that Jesus Christ pronounced sentence upon Israel:

Matthew 21:43. Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

That judgment has not been revoked and will not be revoked no matter what Darby, Scofield, Chafer, Ryrie, Walvoord or anyone on this BB claims because Scripture is silent after this judgment!

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

But you haven't been questioning that either one of you go back and look at what you are questioning. I said there was 7000 years of time for mankind given by God and there is. Nearly 6000 has been accomplished how much we don't know could be tomorrow could be 232 if the Jewish calender is correct. But we don't know how many years are left we do know there is at least 1007 years left.

For instance blessed wife you said that I said there was 200 years left and I didn't, I said could be 232, but I also qualified it. So get right what you are challenging and we wouldn't have wasted postings.

What we do know is that Christ return is imminent.

#100 revmwc, May 8, 2015