1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The arrogance of the false teachers

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 10, 2015.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John - I don't think that says what you meant it to say. Would you clarify, please?

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that I was on it for a while. Apparently Evan got tired of "sneaking a peek" at my posts and took me off of his list. I have little doubt that I will be back on it soon.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for answering them. If I may respond to your first answer, I do not think that it shows arrogance. I think that in some cases it can show a level of discernment. Some people find no need to get involved with others who appear to want to pick a fight. Not having received one of your letters, I cannot say that this is how you come across, but excerpts that you have posted on this site could give one that impression.

And to respond to your second answer, that is not how you appear. You give the strong impression that you only want people to agree with you. Many times have you asked for advice, and people have given it. Many times have you accepted as legitimate only those answers which either you agree with or those which show you in a good light. Those who have disagreed with or have challenged you to defend your position have been presented with the infamous Rabbit Award, so often that it has become a running joke. The sad thing is that you cannot see that most people here do, or at least did, genuinely want to help you.

And for the record, I do not think you arrogant. Overly sure of yourself, and a bit stubborn, maybe. But that is youth. Actually, I think your zeal is to be commended. As long as it is properly focused.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Go chase a Kangaroo!

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not me in his killfile! It's not me!

6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently he did not appreciate me engaging him in his Gospel According to Jesus thread where I posted actual quotes from MacArthur that he does not agree with.

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be so relieved. :laugh:

8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure its only a matter of time if he keeps this up :)

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I have not really followed this thread, this reply is MORE of what a disagreeing post needs to be, rather than the cutesy little snips that do nothing to add to a conversation but simply let the responder feel a little blip of superiority for, what, maybe an hour or two!?

I submit that the sensible thing to do is ignore the thread if there is no interest for you, OR give a reasonable reply to aid the flow of info if interest is there; agreeing or disagreeing.

10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless.