1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The attack on me!!!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://the-dog-house.boards.net/thread/588/evan

This thread grieves me, especially since some of the posters there are members of the BB. Was this thread at all edifying or encouraging? Not in the least. GreekTim, Convicted, and others you need to be ashamed of yourself! You refer to this board as a dried up well, yet you continue to post here. Why? Are we all dried up? Are you here to rescue us? Why the superiority attitude complex?

That preacher4truth character (whom is a former poster here) should not allow such a mocking thread. I am grieved.....

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Evan, perhaps this would be better handled offline?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read that board for about a week a couple months ago. A lot of their threads are denigrating BB, and specifically a couple of our posters. Haven't looked at it since.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, would it not be more appropriate to address your interpersonal problems there instead of dragging them to other sites?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what makes a dried up well.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

You say you get attacked on another board and come here and throw rabbit insults. :applause:

8. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Yeah, and just to think I was asking convicted1 to stay here. But I see he's the admin over there and using his platform to attack some here. Shows a lot of integrity, especially after apologizing for some things he said here. :rolleyes:

9. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Why would you hand out a rabbit for that? There is nothing wrong with Rolf's comment. In fact, it has much merit when handling things in gospel order. You should handle personal issues in private, between yourself and the offender. If that fails, take a witness or two and speak to the offender. If that fails, then come before the body of the church.

We have no way of knowing if you've completed the first two steps of gospel order, but it's still not exactly right to broadcast your issues from other forums in front of other people.

But I'm sure you'll just hand me a rabbit for this. But I'm not going to pat you on the back on this one. You've not handled it correctly. I pray you will handle it properly in the future. The instructions are right there in the word. No rabbits required.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As time goes by I find that my ability to suffer fools is inversely proportional to my age. Perhaps I’m not alone in this malady.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That bunny makes me hungry. Got a nice slow roasted rabbit recipe with a spicy onion gravy.

[​IMG]

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot post on that site and lack the email of the administration, so how can I resolve my differences biblically?

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stay away from the dog house.

14. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

You know that many of the members there are also members here. You can use this site to PM them and address the issue. Just a thought.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it may be that nothing really comes out of the board. There are no debates that are edifying, they typically evolve to mendacious slander. Every once in a while someone brings out something that could be a serious discussion. It may start off a debate or exploration, but it quickly degrades.

When I joined the board in 2001 I joined so that I could have my understanding critiqued and learn from others. The BB was actually useful during my seminary years. I don’t think that the current BB is in the position where this is possible. Maybe it is because the range of beliefs…..I don’t know. I took a few years off when I thought it had degraded to the level it now is, and when I came back it was with a new objective. I’m here with no expectations of meaningful conversation, much less real debate…..and when they do pop up…well that’s just all the better.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 19:11 - "A person's insight gives him patience, and it is to his glory is to overlook an offense."

17. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you gracefully say "suck it up butter cup"?

You come to a discussion and debate forum and dump your personal problems like it's a therapy session, reject the advice and then cry that people are tired of you and say as much.

You want people to quit treating like you're in junior high, quit acting like a junior higher.

So you know, I would say the exact same thing to you if we were face to face, sitting in my office.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
    1 Corinthians 13:11

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Get THIS thread closed Evan. It will serve no good purpose.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I joined in 2006 even long before then this board was known for things like this. I had long been warned before I came here.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
    32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
    --It is a "gossip" thread. Stay away from gossip.
    Let's not start it here either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.