1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Baptism debate

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You want people to believe the Gentiles did not know what the synagogues were, but I have given you scripture where a Gentile even built one for the Jews.

You cannot see past what your denomination has taught you. Peter told the Gentile man that he [the Gentile] was well aware that it is against the law for a Jew to associate with Gentiles or visit them. For you to continue to argue against the truth is something I will let you do on your own. You have been shown enough times now the fact that Paul spoke of the law of the Jews to Gentiles.

You are an accuser for sure. I can quote any scripture I like. LOL

Preaching the cross and Christ crucified is about Jesus shedding his blood for our sins. The Bible says if there is no shedding of blood then there is no forgiveness of sins that is a fact stated in the Old Testament and New Testament.

I have proven from scripture that we must believe and obey. I know that is not in your denominations books, but it is the Word of God.

Oh how I love the Word of God.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So you say; I have not seen it. Provide a URL. The synagogues arose in the intertestamental period when there was no Temple. They took the place of the temple as a place for Jewish worship and Jewish instruction. They were not for the Gentiles but rather for the Jews. Even today, synagogues are built wherever communities of Jews exist. They are not for Gentiles. Do you need some dictionary support?
    I don't have a denomination to teach me; never did, except when I was unsaved, and that was the RCC.
    And he knew that, by the way the Jews treated them. Remember the Samaritan woman's words to Jesus: "How is it that thou, being a Jew, have any dealings with the Gentiles."? This was well-known, not because the Gentiles knew about their religion, but because they knew their behavior, their reputation, how they treated others. What is your reputation. I know your reputation on this board, how you treat others, but I still don't know what your denomination is, and the name of your church.
    Is that found in the Book of Moriah? Would you like to quote it for me?
    If you could you would. But the only Scripture you quote are those taken out of context and thus rendered meaningless.
    You never did tell me how you got saved by using a crisping pin and a muffler? I am still waiting for your answer. You said you can use any Scripture. Well?
    And so? That doesn't mean one has to go through the Old Testament and teach them all about the Law. It is not necessary.
    No it isn't. You preach a false gospel which Paul says accursed. Obedience or works is not required as a part of the gospel or required to be saved. That is a heresy. If you loved the Word of God you would repent of that heresy.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Why do you go on and on about false things? You say a bunch of nothing as if you are correcting me.

I have already given you the scripture and explained it to you. There was a Gentile Centurion, the Centurion heard about Jesus and sent some ELDERS OF THE JEWS to Jesus, asking Jesus to come and heal his servant. When the elders of the Jews came to Jesus, they pleaded with Jesus, they told Jesus the Centurion man deserves to have you do this, because he [the Centurion] loves the Jewish nation and has built their synagogue.

Luke 7:2 There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.” 6 So Jesus went with them.

You believe the exact same things as your branch of the IFB. You stick to their teachings as if it were the Word of God itself. Never mind checking the scriptures and spending time alone with the Holy Spirit.

You fight against the truth because the truth goes against your beliefs. Peter says that Cornelius was well aware of the law, that Jews could not visit or associate with the Gentiles. Why do you have to add things that are not in the Bible? Where does the scripture start talking about reputation?!

Sounds like what a brainwashed person doing his job would say.

Of course, you are still trying to figure that out.

#283 Moriah, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I forgot about this incident. It is comparable with Cornelius, and also with King Herod. In fact Herod built a Temple for the Jews known as "Herod's Temple," before it was destroyed. There have been a very few Gentiles that have shown kindness to the Jews, mostly to placate their antagonist ways toward them. They were an unruly group of people. Look how they treated Christ.
    I see you are displaying your Gnosticism again. What I have gained is from my own study. If it happens to coincide with some IFB churches then so be it. It would only demonstrate that IFB churches are closer to the truth than others. The allegations you make demonstrate your total immaturity.
    Look, I brought up a theological argument. You ignored it and attacked me instead. I asked you about the Samaritan woman--totally ignored.

I then asked you a simple question for you never filled out your profile correctly.
    What is your denominational affiliation and the name of the church you attend, and you hurl more insults at me!
    Why the immature personal insults. What truth am I fighting against?
    How do I get brainwashed from studying the Bible? Is the Holy Spirit brainwashed or is that is duty? Is that your allegation? You are one confused dude!
    What I said is true. You preach a false gospel, a message that Paul calls accursed. Faith plus works is not the gospel.
    I don't have to figure it out: you do.
    You make the silly statement that absolutely everything in the Bible has to do with salvation. I quote you some statements from Isaiah 3 that have nothing to do with salvation, and you still won't admit it. So I will ask you again?

What does a crisping pin and a muffler have to do with your salvation?
    This time give a clear and explanatory answer.
    Don't be a coward.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you view yorself as right now saved, or else still in the process of getting there?

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

My point was that Gentiles did know about the Jews and their laws. The only Bible the Apostles had with them would be the Old Testament writings. For you to keep insisting that the Apostles did not say anything about the Jews and their relationship with God is absurd.

Gentiles were without God and hope in the world. Why would they not wonder how they were now included when they were once not included.

Anyone can look up an IFB site and study their beliefs, they would also see how you believe word for word what they teach.

You are the one who constantly attacks, not I. If you think, you are attacked for just my debating with you, then why are you in a debate group? You are the one who keeps calling me a liar, deceitful, accursed, and condemned. You have a lot of nerve to say I am the one who personally attacks. Again, you feel attacked because you are in a debate group where you are losing against the Word of God.

You repeat only what your religion taught you. I can post a scripture that plainly and clearly says something, but you just cannot see it. Your excuses are that it is taken out of context, or, it was not meant for everyone, or, you say I do not understand what it really means, or, you completely twist what it does say.

Everything in the Bible is for salvation. Every single word of God is teaching something which benefits those who are saved.
    Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4
    Did you read that DHK? Man lives on EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of God.
    You show what you are by the way you speak to me.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus saved me. I am saved forever.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then why do you say you can lose your salvation. I thought you did NOT believe in the eternal security of the believer. Your above statement contradicts what you have said in previous posts.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yet you can't prove what you say by answering the question I have now posed to you many times. You are too cowardly to answer it, because it will prove you wrong and you know it.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not contradict. If someone stopped believing, they could lose their salvation. If a person stopped obeying, they could lose their salvation.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have explained it to you, but you do not see.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Point me to a quote where you have used the words "crisping pins" or "mufflers" or any of the other words that I quoted from that passage that I gave you from Isaiah 3 and show how they relate to your salvation. I challenge you to show me the post, the URL where you have done it. If you can't do it, I have no other recourse but to demonstrate that you are a liar. Are you going to give me the benefit of the doubt and show me that you are not lying?

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ANY verses in the NT supporting that a real christian can stop believing, or if they disobey, can lose salvation?

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not have to answer a fool according to his folly. I told you everything in the Bible is for our salvation. I also gave you words from God saying man does not live on bread alone but on EVERY word from God.
    You do not have an issue with me, but with God.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

There are many scriptures warning us. I see where this discussion is going because you said “real Christian.” Think about this…if they believed and not stopped believing, would you then consider them a real Christian. Lol

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In other words you lie. Not everything in the Bible has to do with salvation. I have proven you wrong. You won't admit to it. The lie is that you have not shown me in the Bible where and how the passage in Isaiah relates to your salvation when you did say you showed me from the Bible. That is a lie. The Bible has much to say about those who lie, especially those who make it a way of living, as you do. Every day you misrepresent my words or deliberately lie about one thing or another. That is not saying much about you.
    It is not me, but God that has an issue with you.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you consider yourself a real Christian? Why can't you answer simple questions put forth to you, like this one.

If you sinned, and died before you had a chance to repent of said sin, would you go to heaven?

18. 33ad

33ad New Member

@ biblist I suggest if you want to see what early Christianity looked like study the church that still exists today in Ethiopia Or the one the apostle Thomas started in India

Both of these churches stayed preserved away from the distractions of Europe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.