1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The battle for souls

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bunyon, Dec 5, 2005.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't it the truth.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Go north and way east from where you live and things are quite different. Not too long ago some folks in the SBC promoted taking all of their children out of the schools in America. Many larger churches are behind this and are starting schools in their area while at the same time the people are voting down every issue which requires money to improve the schools. It has become a battle of the Christians versus the community. Some of the church schools are making quite a sizable sum of money from it.

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I'm still not seeing the porblem, gb. We home school our kids, but I don't want to see a theocracy. But I don't see avoiding the public school system as unchristian or backwoods or radical. I would like to see public school survive, but for those who are doing the job themselve, I am not sure why their opting out of funding the schools would be a problem, at least for the time they have their kids at home. As it is I fund the schools even though my kids don't go, and the state does not help me at all with their education. Still not getting the point.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

When they rewrite history to imply that favoring Christianity over other religions was the intent of the Constitution, then the accusation is accurate. David Barton is a good example of doing so. Even D James Kennedy (whome I personally respect and admire) has fallen for Barton's bait and switch.

I'm at a loss as to why so many faithful Christians grab hold of the coattails of fakes such as David Barton, Kent Hovind, and Carl Baugh, despite their errors being so obvious.

I'm not pointing the finger at you, bunyan, I'm talking in general. In fact, I agree with you on the issue of public schools. I want them to survive. But I want them to reform. Right now, they're often beholden to the control fo the unions.

[ December 07, 2005, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

What's the problem? The show I referred to had a low budget (hence' it was an inexpensive show to produce), and was fully funded by private dollars. Regardless of its subject matter, the show wasn't very good, which contributed to it being cancelled.

6. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I was just having good fun, you inserted SEX into the word "insexpensive" to describe a show about Gays. I was just making fun of you accident.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Did I really??? Oh, man, did I really do that? Did I really??? That wasn't me, that was my evil twin!!!!