1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The believers purpose for these Evol topics?

Discussion in 'Science' started by BobRyan, Feb 14, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For true believers in atheist Darwinian Evolutionism - what do you see as the "purpose" for this section of the board?

(I mean ideally -- if you could have it any way you like).

Is this the area where you could come and discuss you beliefs in evolutionism without being hindered by your faith in Christ or being held accountable to the Christian world view?

(It seems so given the way you drop to dead silence when that form of accountability is brought into the discussion).

Is this the place where you would "Start" with the premise that "God is wrong in the Bible" and so any reference to it is "not a fact to be reviewed here". That way we can just review the opinions of atheist Darwinian evolutionists and compare them to other evolutionists as long as THOSE evolutionists ALSO express faith in Darwinian evolutionism?

Kind of a "we are right because we always say we are right" club?

Is this the place where you can freely reject ANY pro-God pro-Bible pro-Creation-account fact that is newly discovered out of hand before you have even studied it - just because "that is your bias" and this should never be "noticed" by other Christians?

Is this the place where the "only real science" that exists is to be the non-God version where no fact friendly to Christianity should be tolerated?? (in thread after thread and topic after topic)?

In Christ,

Bob

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Saying that evolution is atheistic is nonsense. Its not even logical. It is perfectly possible to construct, in theory, a religion that takes evolution into account, even if you don't accept that religion as true. That fact alone proves evolution itself isn't inherently atheistic.

But that is the way it is necessary to oppose evolution. Misstate the facts over and over, because the facts overwhelmingly support evolution.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another flame-out Bob.

There are no "true believers in atheist Darwinian Evolutionism" here on the board, we are all believers in the same Lord as you Bob.

"We" choose to critically examine the scientific evidence and compare them to the biblical evidence and attempt to contruct a worldview where both are acceptable.

My belief is that God revealed Himself in both the workd He created and in the special revelation of His holy word.

Rob

4. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I thought it was to discuss scientific discoveries and science in the public sphere, but apparently its true purpose is so YE-ers can constantly subject us to insulting harangues.

What's your purpose here? I think it's clear you're not convincing anyone of anything, so why don't you go away? [​IMG] If you talk to us long enough, you might catch our theistic evolutionist cooties, you know.

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :D Folks like BobRyan remind me of school boys who make fun of girls because they secretly like them. ;)

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I thought I made it clear that I am primarily speaking of atheist darwinian evolutionism - not theistic evolutionism.

I had hoped you would have "gotten that" by now.

Your are free to actually respond to this point in the atheist wannabe thread if you really think you have a case.

But if you think that glossing over the details is "making your case" you are mistaken.

That is a pretty good joke! Not only to Bible believing Christians but also to the atheist darwinian believers in evolutionism like Richard Dawkings -

Just more "inconvenient details" for evolutionists to ignore if they also want to claim to be Christians at times.

Behe and the other theistic evolutionists seem to be giving that a trye - and hope that their ID solution will work.

But then there are the atheist darwinian believers in evolutionism.

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a joke!

If I thought that were actually true then that would only leave the theistic evolutionists and my task would be difficult as it is much more of a challenge to point out the blunders in that form of opposition.

Fortunately I have a truck load on this board who have signed up for the doctrines of atheist darwinian evolutionism.

In Christ,

Bob

[ February 15, 2006, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: BobRyan ]

8. Petrel

Petrel New Member

So in other words, your purpose here is trolling?

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You would "think" the true believers in Darwinist Atheist eovlutionism would be a "little less defensive" on the subject of "What is your ideal for this subject area".

How sad that you must not only gloss over the inconvenient details that expose your atheist "wannabe" agenda - but now it appears you are "stressed" even to admit to some "more noble goal" in your participation here!

Why not just answer the question in the OP and then be ready for some "attention paid to the details" of that answer?

Fear?

In Christ,

Bob

10. Petrel

Petrel New Member

How sad that your BIAS has so "deranged" your understanding that you cannot read my Post above. My goal (yes, noble) in posting here is to "talk" about science. Indeed, I have recently posted a Thread about "genome imprinting" which can be found Here. However, I'll understand if you don't drop by to "pay some attention to the details," since I don't think you have the education to "understand" the details if they bit you in the Posterior.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The beauty is that the opportunity to state your real purpose on this subject area is viewed by yuo as another opportunity to be defensive.

But even better is that this is not merely a "Science board" where nothing Christian is of interest - it is a Christian board where atheist doctrines do not "fit"! So every time the "Christian world view" is brought up the atheist believers have to avoid that thread like the plague!

You have to admit this is a great place to be!! At least for ME!

In Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Atheist models have to "make stuff up" any time they are "working out of the void of what they do not know".

In this case you obviously do not know about my science background. But clearly that does not "Stop you" from "making stuff up"!!

I love it! you guys are so predictable!!

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There's no one on this board who believs in atheist evolution. That's nothing other than a term contrived by some YEC's. I think most YEC's (and most non-YEC's) are smarter than that, not to mention, more respectful of their brethren when discussing this area of disagreement.

I've in the past called for non-YEC's to cease in belittling their YEC brethren. In this case, the YEC brethren need to stop belittling their non-YEC brethren. It's unedifying, disrespectul, an unfit attitude for the Christian, and produces no fruit. This is one of the reasons I typically refrain from posting in these topics.

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You need to read the thread before taking a wild shot in the dark like that.

The point is that Dawrinist evolutionism is itself promoting blatantaly obvious athiest doctrines just as the atheist dawrinist icon Richard Dawkings has stated.

No amount of "compromised reasoning" will erase that printed fact.

My point has been that the so-called Christian evolutionists here that contradict the Christian evolutionist views of people like Behe when they point to the Romans 1 principle of ID -- are aligned with Richard Dawkings INSTEAD of Behe on this point EVEN within the bounds of evolutionism.

You are going to have read the posts to get this.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That was a quote from the very first post, so posts following that aren't relevant.

It's exactly that type of belittling comment that I'm referring to. You need to stop disrespecting your brethren like that, simply because they disagree with you on the topic. I'd say the same to them if they made such a comment towards you.

Now, with all due respect, knock it off. Everyone!

16. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Oh, all right, I'll behave. [​IMG]

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The quote stated "believers in atheist darwinian evolutionism" - this states the fact clearly that atheist darwinian evolutionism is the ideal doctrine for athiests like Richard Dawkings.

This is an undeniable fact.

The quote does not say that all those that believe in that failed religious view - are also claiming to be atheists. I have never made that claim in fact I freely admit to the conflicted position they are holding as they cling to both views at once.

ALL the posts that are ON the topic of the OP ARE relevant.

Glossing over inconvenient details is not a compelling form of debate and response.

So called - because for those who are reading the posts on this section - we see them already rejecting the Christian Evolutionist views of people like Dr. Behe.

My point is that WHEN you bring in the disctinctively Christian context what is "clearly seen in nature" theyh respond exactly as the atheist Richard Dawkings does - they ignore it.

When we point out the Christian evolutionist views of Dr. Behe - they respond exactly as the atheist Richard Dawkings does - they reject it.

Whenever a NEW discovery in favor of the God's Word is brought up OR some basic flaw of atheist darwinist evolutionism is exposed - they react exactly as the atheist POV would - they condemn and reject BEFORE they even have a chance to read about what they are rejecting!

How much more obvious does this need to be??

But in the case of this thread - I am asking that they state their goal, methods, policy on this board as they ignore every Christian context subject thread posted.

I am asking that they address the obvious.

In Christ,

Bob

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JohnV has stepped in here supposing that the believers in atheist darwinist views here had some noble method of blending atheist darwinist evolutionism with the Gospel - with the Bible itself.

His idea seems to be there that "if one sufficiently distances themselves from the actual details of scripture in favor of evolutionism" that a happy compromise could be found between the two.

But as UTEOTW points out - it is NOT Just Genesis 1 and 2 that are rejected in the atheist darwinist system - but so also Genesis 6-8 and many other examples of scripture that can not longer be trusted as they are sacrificed at atheism's altars.

WORSE - each time we point this out with threads dedicated to exposing those sections of the Bible that must be "sufficiently edited and ignored in favor of atheist darwinist views" UTEOTW and friends are ALWAYS on the side of declaring the text to be "untrue" And "untrustworthy IN THE DETAILS".

Worse yet - when we pick JUST ONE TINY example (Romans 1 for example) they are very reluctant to do anything except turn a blind eye to the details repeatedly highlighted there! Why - because atheist darwinist views do NOT tolerate the plain teaching of the NT much less the OT!!

In Christ,

Bob

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It becomes "increasingly apparent" that the only consistent "principle" that true believers in atheist darwinism are following in this subject area is the principle of "Story hopping" as they seek to escape substantive debate on the subject of so-called Christian evolutionism vs actual science and real Christian acceptance of the book of the Gospel and the Word of God.

This is seen in their attempts to avoid the "building blocks of open discussion and the obvious points of science".

In the case of the Word of God - it is pointed out that their belief in atheist dawrinism is a compromise of the Gospel and the Word of God. On those threads the evolutionists quickly "story hop and leave".

In the case of COMMON agrement between both Atheist darwinians AND Bible believing Christians (The debunked horse series for example) the true believers in atheist darwinism hang around long enough to dodge the salient points raised, toss out some ad hominem insults and then immediately "story hop".

In the case of the subject of ID not only as it is "clearly seen in what has been MADE" but also as it is declared in Romans 1, the tactic of the true believer in atheist darwinism is to "story hop and dodge all details raised in Romans 1".

So here we have THREE classic examples exposing their tactics.

#1. In A Christian review of the Gospel and the integrity of the Word of God -- the evolutionists bail. Even the Atheist darwinists are quoted as seeing the duplicity of so-called Christian evolutionists when they take this dodge.

#2. In a unique case of COMMON GROUND agreement between both ATheist darwinists and actual science (hence agreement with Bible believing Christians who naturally accept Genesis) - they refuse a "lessons learned exercise" EVEN where both sides agree on the fact of the debunked horse series!! Once again "Story hopping" instead of an objective treatement of the subject! A more classic case of escapism and story hopping could hardly be imagined!

#3. In the case of the obvious facts of ID as SEEN IN nature and even admitted to by pagans (according to Romans 1) the true believers in atheist darwinism - refuse to look at the text, refuse to look at nature. Instead they simply "imagine" darwinist future scenarios that might one day 'save their bacon' as their argument falls apart on the ID topics. Hence - they story hop there as well.

In all cases they constantly show "discomfort" in any context that can not be framed and limited to atheist darwinist "terms". In other words - imagine for a moment that you were on an actual atheist board and could not use any of the benefits that are avaible when discussing ponits with Christians. If you limit your discussion to the atheist darwinist themes and limit the bounds of what can be discussed - to just those things that would be of interest to an atheist - this is where the evolutionists here are "Most comfortable".

This is why I focus on the debunked horse series since the atheist darwinists themselves agree to the history of it. But the atheist will not want to engage in any kind of "lessons learned" exercise in an example that so clearly reveals the tactics of their trade. And surprise surprise what do we find here?!!

In Christ,

Bob

[ February 19, 2006, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: BobRyan ]

20. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

I find these all fairly pointless.

Do we agree that the Bible is infallible?

Now think about that for a minute...

What does that mean? It means that the Bible IS true. It is God's word and is the ultimate standard of truth.

So what difference does it make for our faith what science shows. If science supposedly has disproved a literal creation then we have two possibilities to explain that.

1. Science has drawn the wrong conclusions.
    2. We have presumptiously interpreted Genesis in the wrong way.

The Bible being in error is NOT an option for anyone who believes it IS God's word.

So I really don't care how old the earth is.

It is audacious and donwright modernistic to say that if we can show that evolution happened then the Bible is a lie! As if our minds determine the truth!!

All the strict literalists are playing right into the hands of the liberal modernists - only instead they have decided, a priori, that they will reach conservative conclusions and not liberal ones!