1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Belittlement of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Paul once wrote this Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Paul here is glorying in the Salvation of and Converting effects of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ ! He is saying that it was by the powerful effects of the Cross that the world [world , flesh and devil] is crucified unto him, and secondly he to the world[world,flesh,devil], these things did not happen because of his so called freewill decision to accept Christ, they occurred because of the inherent Virtue [Effective force or power] of the Death/Cross/Blood of Christ !

And not only Paul, but every True Christian can boast/glory in the Cross of Christ for the same reason Paul states here !

That word glory in Gal 6:14 is the greek word kauchaomai and means to:

I.to glory (whether with reason or without)

II.to glory on account of a thing

III.to glory in a thing

And its also used in the NT 8 times to mean boast:

Like here Eph 2:9;James 4:16 !

But its also translated into the word glory as here 1 Cor 1:31

That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In fact in this reference glorying or boasting is an imperative in the Lord, and this is to the believer, proving that his or her glorying in the Cross is just as warranted as Pauls is in Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The Cross does Two things unto all them it was for, It crucifies the world unto them, and them unto the world !

Now these Two things equate to ones full Salvation experience in this Life, its equivalent to Peters Testimony here 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree[cross], that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Yet many in false religion today would have us believe that although Christ died for an individual, that individual can still wind up a unconverted sinner and die in unbelief in their sins Jn 8:24, this type of thinking and teaching is to the belittlement and minimization of the efficaciousness of the death/cross/blood of Christ, and they shall not be held guiltless of this evil in the Day of Judgment !

2. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No question, no desire for input or debate...looks like another sermon outline post.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I stated the other day, I'm not allowing "sermon" outlines. Sermons in essay form yes, the basic outline no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.