1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Benefits of Reading Before Bedtime

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 18, 2014.

1. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true...I think it has something to due with the blue light frequency. I'm glad I do have some tree books though.

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The original Kindles aren't bad. But if anyone is reading with a Fire or laptop or smartphone, you might want to look at installing a blue light filter like f.lux or Redshift.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always read before sleeping at night and for perhaps the past year or so I have only read e-books on my Nexus tablet. I say the theory about reading from an electronic device before bed interfering with sleep is a bunch of baloney, akin to "don't go swimming until at least an hour after eating".

I shut my tablet off and am sleeping within 5 minutes.

4. ApollotheBrave

This is very true. When I got my new smartphone I used it day and night even before I went to bed and I noticed I'm more groggy in the morning and my sleeping patters have changed. Reading is definitely better for you, when you read boring books it even helps you to sleep.

5. Emil

Emil New Member

I use to read before I went to bed and it helped me to have a better night's sleep. I haven't been sleeping too good lately so I might give this try again and hopefully get the same results.