1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The best Bible prophecy book to use to teach Sunday School

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you didn't watch the video. You would have seen an Amill who was not talking about preterism but giving valuable insight into the practical points of eschatology.

I think you would profit greatly from Hanagraff's book. It is popular level, so nothing intense. If nothing else, it would challenge our views and minds, something we all need.

And I like to think of the field of NT in general and biblical theology in specifics as my strengths ;)

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

This was one of the first books on eschatology I bought. You're right, it's heavy stuff. Pentecost comes down on the dispensational side, which I abandoned several years ago. But his book needs to be in every library.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wanna mail me a copy?

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What video? Please post. Also I would read that book but someone has to mail me a copy as I have nearly maxed my book budget for the month with only $5 left. I limit myself to $20 a month.

5. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The shipping would be more than the book for me. I live in Central America. But I think you should read his book. If nothing else, it is a great book to get the "other side's" view.

Here is the link to the video... less than 15 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SpOBSkIjHQ

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Late great planet earth! just kidding...

would say that Reformed , perhaps, take a cue from Calvin himself, as he wasso involved in refuring the RCC false Gospel, basically took over from them the prophetic views!

Would say good to use a book like eith er the Three views on theMillinium, or else 4 views on Rapture, to get a feel for the differing positions on this held within the Church!