1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The best cure for hangover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I typed it out in the nicest way possible. I promise:thumbs:

2. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Don't the people on this board care about bad language? Do they just assume these people are all saved Baptist? MAN! Let me explain about being saved in moderation.......real slow! One cannot be "saved" in moderation any more then one can "drink" and think God condones it in Scripture.

3. JerryL

JerryL New Member

You said the horse was dead, quit kicking.

4. Chad_71

Chad_71 New Member

You say a lot and tell us what YOU say scripture say. Why do you not provide scripture reference to support your position?

5. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Why? You obviously don't believe the Bible!

6. Chad_71

Chad_71 New Member

Thank you for showing your Christian love.

Please, share with me why I do not believe what the Bible says? Is it in the bible to judge one another? Why do you judge me? I am new here and have not many posts for you to judge and cast such a ridiculous comment about me.

#46 Chad_71, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

In the great scheme of things 10 vs 16 posts doesn't seem like much of a difference. ;)

There are many great threads going on you both might enjoy.

There are many wonderful folks here on the BB and there are a good number of threads that will help you find a sense of community. I have found many posters with which I have much in common with over the years. I have found some fellow posters that I have just a little in common with, but I still enjoy them most of the time :D There are few folks I agree with almost all the time - they are rare though.

There is so much to be learned here when I don't let myself get in the way of my learning ;)

8. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

You are welcome. As far as showing you that you don't believe the Bible I think you are doing a fine job of it your self. Is it in the Bible to judge another, YES. As far as me judging you, I am just responding to what is written. New here, so am I. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.:thumbs:

9. Chad_71

Chad_71 New Member

I look foward to great discussions.:thumbs:

10. Chad_71

Chad_71 New Member

I guess some people do not know how to discuss.:rolleyes:

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG]

"Kick it again, Joe! it may still be breathing! I thought I still saw some movement!"

A bit 'judgmental' in your statement, don't you think??

I find this to be an interesting analysis from one who has been on the Baptist Board for a total of 11 hours (with fewer than 20 posts, as I type this), and who already knows what various posters believe or don't believe. With all due respect, standingfirminChrist has over 7K posts; tiny tim has almost 6K; mcdirector has well over 6500; and Dale-c has over 2200. That is well over 20K, posts from only four individuals on this particular thread. I seriously doubt you have read but a few of them, before offering this comment. I have some differences with some of the views of all four of the individuals, I named, but I would not imply that any (or all) of them "don't study" and/or "twist God's Word to condone their sin", and I've been around two years with a few posts of my own.

Frankly, any and all of them have earned the right to be "cut a little bit of slack", as opposed to being dismissed out of hand, where one does not agree with their particular interpretation of a subject.

Now that I have somewhat chastised you, let me honestly welcome you (and Chad_71) to the Baptist Board. What I say for one, goes for the other, as well.

It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable, I believe. I try and do that, myself, and hope others do, as well. Just give some of us who have been around a day or two the leeway I think you would like to receive. You'll find we are not such a bad bunch, after all, overall.

Happy postings, and Happy New Year!

Ed

#51 EdSutton, Jan 1, 2008
  12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This thread has given me a hangover.

luv ya'll. :1_grouphug:

Happy New Year!

#52 Amy.G, Jan 1, 2008
  13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Just the kind of comment I'd expect out of you, you ornery old cuss! :laugh:

14. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I drank alchoholic beverages back when I was lost, as well as smoke weed, take acid, qualudes, magic mushrooms, etc.

Since being born again I havent had one drop of alchohol, or even the tinest bit of any of the other stuff. I supernaturally had the desire for those things removed from me.

But I do not believe the scriptures forbid the drinking of alchoholic beverages, but rather drunkeness.

I know many brothers and sisters...strong bible believing evangelicals, pentecostals, baptists, etc...who have an occasional bit of wine with dinner, or beer after cutting the grass. I see no problem with that, if they have a clear conscience about it. I have never said a word to them about it.

Some drink a bit of wine occasionally for medicinal purposes, and if anyone has an issue with that, please see 1 Tim 5: 23...

Other passages...

Eph 5:18...

Titus 2:3...

And of course the passages that make clear that the wine Jesus made was not grape juice but actual wine.

Grace and peace,

Mike

15. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I am not sure if this was directed at me but I would ask you to please show me where i am wrong.
    I would love to have an honest and Biblical subject on this topic.

Since you state that my eternal destiny is dependent open my belief on this I would like to discuss it with you.

I have studied it and I do believe I have a balanced position on it.
    If you would like to have an honest discussion I would love to do that with you.

16. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly Mike. There is no danger in being given to much Welch's.

17. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

MAN................am I glad that you don't believe that. That sure settles a lot for me. Duh!........that's a loving duh!

18. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

My wife and I were just talking about this type of thing this morning
    There is never a sin that is sin for one and not sin for another.

However some will choose to abstain from all wine due to the fact that they want to avoid the temptation to get drunk.

THe law is the same for all.
    But some may choose to take certain measures to keep from sinning.
    That is up to the believer.

19. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Do you want to have an honest discussion or just a slander contest?
    If you believe that the Bible is so clear, why can't you just discuss it like a Christian gentlemen?

20. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure there is.

If I kiss my wife (romantically), it is not a sin.

If someone else kisses my wife in the same way, it is definitely a sin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.