1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The best cure for hangover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I am not going to hold ANYone to not post on a thread after they said they wouldn't.
    After all, he probably said that, left and forgot all about it 8 pages and a coupel of days later.

No problem whatsoever.

I do however strongly disagree with his view on wine though.
    I believe that wine being alcholic is the only consistent way to read the scriptures.

2. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Oh please. He said he wasn't posting again on 01-01-2008, at 04:01 PM, and promptly broke that when he posted not even 2 full days later on 01-03-2008, at 09:53 AM. That is quite some time? Puhlease! He does it all the time. He is, quite frankly, not a man of his word.

Funny, though, how he runs away and you come scooting right in everytime...

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

While I agree with you, it is not something worth arguing over.
    It is petty and not something you will ever pin him down on anyway.
    It is possible that he did forget what he said.
    Just give him the benefit of the doubt. (even though you really doubt his story, as do I)

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Then why are you continuing on with a response?
    This entire thread is petty. What is the purpose of pinning SFIC down? Are you trying to bait him?
    The truth of the matter is SFIC DID forget, but it was too late to edit post out.
    Nice disclaimer!

This topic causes more problems and fighting than any other topic on these forum boards. Even though it is in the Debate forum, it is more of a "set-up" for those who do not agree with this topic. There is always some kind of "hidden" agenda.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

No, there really was no agenda.
    I was watching the news and they kept talking about all of the ways to cure hangover.
    It was like watching something about how to avoid STDs.
    I kept thinking, stay sober in the first place and you will not have that problem.

In the same way, remain faithful to your wife and you will not get diseases.
    I was responding to the other poster. Saying it was not worth responding too.
    It is no big deal.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Try this:

Mods, how about now closing this thread, in the same vein, as a couple more that have been closed in this forum in the last couple of days, that concerned alcohol, hence letting the issue (hopefully) die down for awhile, and cooler heads prevail. It's not necessarily that I think cooler heads will prevail, regardless of whatever view one may hold, but at least we might see a small chance for that to happen.

The poll OP has stated in another thread, that he was sorry for starting the poll and the controversy that arose, associated with it. Let's take him at his word, and close all the threads that might potentially be associated with this subject for ten days. That will give everyone a chance to get over their hangovers, hangups and/or other hanging frustrations for a little bit.

How about it, any of you - Dr. Bob, DHK, Frogman, Clint Kritzer, blackbird, or Bible-boy?

Ed

#106 EdSutton, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Yep, I agree. Pull the plug.
    Cut it out.
    Termintate the thread.
    Close it down.

Well, you get my drift.

:)

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How it's done!

Well, as the originator, you can specifically ask the Moderators to close it, and they will usually comply with the request.

That seems to be what will happen, if it is done, by PM or "Report", from what I've seen, since I've been here.

However, since I am not the OP, I made the request publicly.

Ed

#108 EdSutton, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

So ordered and so moved!!!

Your friend,
    Blackbird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.