1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The best way to Open Air Preach

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 28, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had to choose between the two, I prefer the teaching style. I don’t understand how the guy using the broadcasting style communicated anything (he was basically talking to himself and the camera while people came and went…there was no communication of the gospel). But if I were required to perform one of the styles, it’d be the broadcast style…I am a poor verbal debater and would get flustered and tongue tied.

Why would the teaching style have more cost involved?

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because often to attract a crowd one needs display boards, signs, and the like.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm tempted to share snark....choosing another path

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ¿Qué estás diciendo?

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I watched both video's. Both men were best suited to bring the message in the manner that they did. Concerning the crowd, I think in the south where I live unsaved people have more of a respectful attitude toward God's man than the people the two ministers were trying to preach too. Although the young lady was trying to make points by disagreeing I think she was really touched by what the preacher said. The preacher that preached broadcast style said several times that Christ died for his people which although it is truth, this is the children's bread. In a setting of open air where his congregation seemed to be unconcerned lost people he should of said Christ died for sinners not good people and then proceeded to tare their righteousness by good works down and convince them of being a dead dog sinner. If you can ever convince a man he is a sinner then you have good news for a sinner.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I learned how to open air in SC and it was broadcast style. Some on this board (whom do not know me) like to attack that method as they do tracts, and street evangelism in general by saying its the easy way out. Its not the easy way out as it takes much guts and courage to hit the streets and witness. Most would rather hide behind their friendship evangelism and hardly ever confront a person living in sin whom would never in a millions years step in a church.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WAY too far...Evangelist

John…a word of caution for your sake. Did you ever stop to think that “their friendship evangelism” that you so despise may actually be Christ in them and obedience on their part? Perhaps you should take care when criticizing the way Christ may be working in the lives and faithfulness of others.

#8 JonC, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  9. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Amen Jon. Evangel--you can read my other post in another of your posts. I feel you are to be respected for your call to ministry but you also need to respect how we feel we are called. I have tried confrontational witnessing and I do more damage IMO. I find it much better to get to know someone first. However I do feel God pushing me to witness sometimes out of the blue to a total stranger. If I fail then, yes I'm a coward. We are on the same side, and Satan hates that, let's not give him any advantage my creating strife in the camp. God Bless.

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Street preaching, alienating people, one screaming preacher at a time.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One certainly can't do any street preaching here unless one wants to be fined,jailed or deported.

Although I have done my share of leading some side street hymn singing and Bible truth explanation in English.

#11 Rippon, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? News to me.

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

Do you know where he is?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting...are you suggesting that because they go to church that they don't sin? Conversely are you saying that those who wont go to church are sinners?