1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Best Wine

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by His Blood Spoke My Name, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandrocksam

sandrocksam New Member

wine vs drunkardness

Researching all reference to wine in the Bible it seems to me most reference to wine are in regard to a blessing. Being a Baptist I have to raise my eyebrows when wine is mentioned, but I do not see the condemnation most apply to wine in the Bible. Drunkardness is condemed, so is gluttony. I believe if you research the word wine in the original word you will find that most cases it will show some level of alcohol. Personally I think we make an issue where there is no issue. I would not want a liquor store on my block, but OUR concern should be the Gospel, anything else is a distraction.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen!!! (and since I need atleast 10 characters to enter this.....)

3. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

I have given Scripture over and over to show it is both ferrmented and unfermented dependant on the context. Your evident bias toward all wine being fermented has you blinded to the truth.

If Jesus Christ Himself stopped on your doorstep, and told you the same Scripture I did and told you wine was forbidden, I have no doubt you would reject Him and slam the door in His face calling Him a liar.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, then you are God, are you not?? To know what anyone is going to do?? That's pretty arrogant! What would YOU do if Jesus came over to sup with you and brought a bottle of aged wine?

5. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Jesus would not bring alcoholic wine. If a Jesus came to my door with alcoholic wine, he woudl not be the Son of God and would not be welcome.

6. sandrocksam

sandrocksam New Member

level of alcohol

I believe zero is a level of alcohol. I was not saying all references to wine were high alcohol content. Did you reference all alcohol reference of wine in relation to Jesus. I am not a partaker of alcohol but I think it is wrong to condem when there is no evidence to support it in the Bible. Even in the Old Testment the priest were forbidden to drink wine before they entered the Holy of Holies but to me that indicates they could drink the wine at other times.

7. whatever

whatever New Member

Not likely - listen to what He told Paul:

Romans 14:14 - "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

8. sandrocksam

sandrocksam New Member

wine

The evils of wine and gambling are addressed by the church as taboo and rightly so because man is less than perfect and much grieve has come about by both. But the evil is drunkardness and greed not wine or gambling they are both social problems but neither is condemed by scripture.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We do have another thread on wine, and it is time for this one to be closed.
    DHK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.