1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Betrayal of America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Mar 1, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a two way street, Ponch.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How do figure that Carpro? Both parties are helping to destroy this countries foundations. Looks like a one way street to me.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those that freely accuse the President of multiple crimes including treason should hardly take umbrage when someone accuses them of the same thing.

It is a two way street.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Reconciliation"... that is liberal speak for conservatives abandoning their values and common sense... no thanks. I would rather separate from people who are wrong on virtually every issue from wealth redistribution to the threat posed by Islamofascism to our nation and way of life.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually, the best imaagery to use is a democrat marching down a one way street with a republican on their shoulders. Too bad the street ends at Niagara Falls. Keep on walking.

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Where were the liberals on that one when Hillary was holding 500 FBI files and firing the WH travel staff? Where were the accusations from the left about Bill committing sexual harassment by doing something with an intern that would have destroyed any CEO in the country? How about the felony of perjury that was at first denied then blown off by liberals that are now so concerned with "government by law"?

I don't think Bush should be above the law. But no one yet has demonstrated that he has broken the law. The closest to him determined liberals have gotten so far is Scooter Libby... whose major activities have not yet warranted an indictment, just the "cover-up" and lying.

I agree... but again, where were you when it was proven that the previous President had committed possibly the worst crime an elected official can commit- betrayal of a solemn oath.
    Ummm, don't recall him mentioning illegal acts. Secret? Yes.

There has to be checks and balances. There also has to be reasonable ability within gov't to conduct operations secretly in the interest of national security.

The surveillance in question is a gray issue at worst. Congress needs to act to make sure of future accountability and to affirm what is and is not legal. Liberals have been all too eager to take a problem that needs "fixin" and turn it into some kind of Big Brother accusation.

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think your posting contains an oversized image file.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So it's tit for tat then? Wonderful. Our republic is going down the drain our liberties disappearing a total surveillence state being set up and the only thing that is important is the kings reputation and revenge on the "lefties". Amazing.

I guess one is a traitor then for not spouting off enough about Clinton's evils everytime someone brings up one of Bush's evils also. They are acting in concert one isn't more or less evil than the other they just use different means to attain the same goal. The destruction of America.

The ole one two left right WWF tag team wrestling tactics of the NWO. Ay yi yi!

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

This is a good article! </font>[/QUOTE]I think this is a good article! I enjoyed reading it! It makes a number of very good points!

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I don't see any heroism involved in releasing information that's suppose to be kept classified. I could have been severely punished for doing that with much lesser classified information that was once entrusted to me. I'd like to see everyone held to the same standard. The nation has good reason to expect all those entrusted with handling classified information do so properly and that includes proper classification and de-classification. Anyone that disrupts that process in the name of freedom is taking over the decision making authority that the people have entrusted to others duly elected or appointed to handle it on their behalf. There's nothing lawful about such chaos.

11. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

we need you dragoon keep us informed accuracy
    is the key

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a good article! </font>[/QUOTE]I think this is a good article! I enjoyed reading it! It makes a number of very good points! </font>[/QUOTE]Reminding us of the communist roots and affiliations of some of our Senators and Congresspeople, doesn't make some people very happy.
    [​IMG]

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I have not freely accused Bush or Clinton of multiple crimes, including treason; the ones that do should be addressed individually rather than dumping a bucket of tar on the whole group and calling it "fair". The problem with branding every dissenting voice as "treason" is that it shuts off civilized discourse.

I do and will take umbrage at leftie-baiting.

Broadbrushing every member of a group with tar for the misdeeds of a few is hardly a two way street; it is the low road to take.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not freely accused Bush or Clinton of multiple crimes, including treason; the ones that do should be addressed individually rather than dumping a bucket of tar on the whole group and calling it "fair". The problem with branding every dissenting voice as "treason" is that it shuts off civilized discourse.

</font>[/QUOTE]To my knowledge, Daisy, you have never called President Bush a traitor or accused him of treasonous acts.

Many liberal pundits have and so have some members on this board.

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I do because of the risks involved to the whistleblower are grave and the rewards are scant.

Much of it depends on why the information is supposed to be kept secret. If it is to merely to hide embarrassing illegal acts, such as the Watergate burglary or illegal wiretapping of US citizens, then I applaud it. If the information is disclosed to discredit a career civil servant, for political revenge, then I do agree with you. Part of the problem is with who decides what is secret and why. That will always be the problem.

Yeah, me too. I have access to information which must be kept secret - and I do. I would never use this information for spite or profit.

That is part of the agrument - what constitutes proper classification and declassification. Cheney has stated that because the President has given him authorization to classify information, he automatically has equal authorization to declassify information - therefore, any classified information he chooses to leak to anyone, including reporters, secretly, has been by its very disclosure automatically declassified. Whether this would hold up in court should it ever come to that (which I doubt) is debatable.

The Clinton administration declassified a lot of archived information past a certain number of years (this was on NPR this week or last, so I'm going from memory) - certainly not less than 25, but it could have been 50. Much of the information referenced by the show had to do with WWII and the Japanese - the sort of stuff that would be of interest primarily to historians. The Bush administration has recently decided to reclassify much of this, apparently indicriminately. The researchers interviewed said they couldn't see much rhyme or reason for most of what they had access to (and were cognizant of), to be suddenly non-accessible.

The problem with secret reasons, of course are that no one will tell so most of us have no way of knowing.

That much is true (except I'm not convinced of the "chaos", how much is created nor how much is detrimental). It is unlawful (except, maybe, Cheney's case). But unlawful is not always wrong and is not always treasonous. Sometimes, albeit rarely, it is patriotic and heroic.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Thank you.

So call them on it individually and specifically - preferably well-armed with relevant facts supporting your contention. That would make for an interesting and lively conversation. Do that consistently and I'll become a carpro-fan.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This is a good article! </font>[/QUOTE]I think this is a good article! I enjoyed reading it! It makes a number of very good points! </font>[/QUOTE]Reminding us of the communist roots and affiliations of some of our Senators and Congresspeople, doesn't make some people very happy.
    [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Communists on left Trotskyites on the right. Go team go. Rah rah rah.

18. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

That point doesn't need clarity. Only an idiot would think it's anything but an opinion. There will always be ample folks of this ilk.
    Interesting article

19. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Ironically, Trotskyites were formerly considered to be to the left of communists.

But now they're "neocons", and big government is "conservative." :confused:

The only constant, I suppose, is change.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Constant change which in itself is the basis of the communist revolution and Hegel's dialectic. Trotsky himself was an advocate of perpetual revolution. If I've read Marx, Hegel and Trostky right.