1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The BF&M 2000 & Related Issues

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Hardsheller, May 3, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That, my friend, is not humorous. It is divisive and undermines the seriousness of what happened.

People who "could not" (differing from those who simply "would not") sign an affirmation of basic Bible doctrines and have been receiving money from good Baptists under false pretenses SHOULD OF GOOD CONSCIENCE join another organization.

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not funny because it is TRUELY what is happening!

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's your opinion. It is my opinion that you are wrong.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Having briefly surveyed this document, focusing particularly on the commentary section of it, I am more convinced than ever that my original comments were right on target. If this is teh best that the detractors can do, then it is a very weak position that they hold indeed. To argue against the authority of Scripture (which is essentially what they have done) is strictly unbiblical. This needless and unfounded distinction between the authority of Christ and the authority of Scripture is the foundation of their problems, IMO. We know of Christ only through the written word. To say that Christ is the criterion by which we intepret Scripture was a meaningless statement to begin with.

But again, as an outsider, I don't really care what goes on in the SBC. It has been riddled with problems for many years. The recent return to a more orthodox and biblical position has been a good thing for many reasons. It had the added benefit of highlighting those who do share their position. Yet the problems in the SBC are not by any means over or solved. Only time will tell if this progress will continue or stall. I hope it continues.

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truly not truely