1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bible and Home Remedies

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jsn9333, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseCrackerKidd

CheeseCrackerKidd New Member

The Scripture does not say the guests have become well drunken, it says 'when they have well drunk.' Having well drunk and being drunken are two different things.

Reasons why the wine at Cana could not have been fermented can be found on this board elsewhere. Do a search on the BB for "[FONT=&quot]1O REASONS WHY THE WINE JESUS MADE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALCOHOLIC" and you will find it.[/FONT]

2. Joe

Joe New Member

Cheese Cracker Kidd

What is said in the men's private forum needs to remain just that, private!

Delete your post if you are able to, thanks

I don't recall reading anything of the sort, but I didn't read all of the posts

3. Joe

Joe New Member

To jsn and Magnetic poles-

Maybe that is what our County ought to do, decriminalize marijuana. The wording in the law is vague and ambiguous, so when the Cops attempt to prosecute someone for the possession or use of weed, it is messy. It is clogging up our court system.

The most notorious by far is a Dentist named Steve Kubby. He and wife Michelle lobby for the medical use of marijuana. Cops invaded their home and found, well I am not sure but way way to many pot plants with regards to his prescription. This was an issue in the courts, the number of pot plants for prescribed usage. Later they found shrooms, but I can't recall if that was the same incident. The guy's a druggie, and it appears he was selling weed but that was never established. He wrote letters to the editor to our local paper while in jail asking for his weed, saying he was in pain due to inoperable cancer. He also smoked pot on the day of his trial right on the front lawn of our Courthouse. I can provide a link with the information if anyone is interested. PM me.

Yes jsn, people's perception of marijuana is changing. OR at least it is in our local area. As time passes, I believe it won't be looked upon as much different than alcohol. Similar process as to the Prohibition period.

Joe

#23 Joe, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'm REALLY not interested in going the distance on yet another alcohol thread, but that is your private interpratation. Others, even people who never touch alcohol (so it's not an excuse to drink), believe scripture does not condemn alcohol as completely as you do. I happen to agree.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

This is not becoming. We don't need to know what was discussed in the private forum. Restrain yourself.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I agree; Scripture does not condemn the use of wine as sinful, only the abuse of it.

7. CheeseCrackerKidd

Joe,

What I am referring to was the fact that jsn said he smoked pot in his first thread about marijuana on this board. The thread was subsequently moved to the private forum because a sexual term was posted in it.

Since his statement that he smoked marijuana was made in the public forum, I pointed out the fact that he did indeed say it so there is no use for him to lie about it.

8. CheeseCrackerKidd

TCGreek, the statement was not made in the men's private forum. It was made in public forum and then moved because of sexual content.

9. Joe

Joe New Member

If it originated in a public forum before being moved, then I guess it should be ok.

I read the explanation of why the first thread was moved and it said something about condoning a vice. That this happened more than once. It never mentioned closing due to the use of a sexual term, where did you get that? Just wondering cause i think if it's true, I might need to be more careful. I use the * key just in case to avoid bad pop up adds on the BB and to soften the word.

Joe

#29 Joe, Aug 8, 2007
  10. CheeseCrackerKidd

Joe,

Vice can include sexual content. Sexual content was mentioned twice with an aterisk replacing a letter in the word instead of the complete word. The words were still evident.

11. Joe

Joe New Member

Hey, I resemble that remark.

I better watch it

12. CheeseCrackerKidd

Joe,

In the public forums, anyone can read the pages... even guests with no account. Certain terms can bring a reproach on not just the author, but on the board that allows them as well.

We have to portray Christ both in public and in the private forums as well. Even when the public does not see, God does.

13. Joe

Joe New Member

I understand. I didn't say anything wrong though but I will still be more careful. Thanks for letting me know

14. CheeseCrackerKidd

15. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Thanks for putting things into proper context. You cannot fault me or anyone else for what was written. The impression was that you took it from the private forum, but you have put things into proper context. Thanks and forgive me. :thumbs:

16. CheeseCrackerKidd

TCGreek,

yer welcome. And I should have clarified, but jsn knew he made the statement in the public forum and it was later moved. That is why he challenged anyone to find it on the board.

If one goes to the private forum, one can easily find that thread and his particular post. He did not realize that it is still on the board.

17. jsn9333

jsn9333 New Member

I can't even access the private men's forum, much less post there!

I don't smoke anything. It is bad for your lungs.

We did discuss the legality of marijuana (and the morality) in a thread that has since been deleted since it referred to illegal vice (or so I was told by the administrator).

However, I never said I ingested the drug illegally. In discussing how some people might justify breaking the law in some situations relating to drug use, you might have gotten the impression I am one of those people. But I have never said I smoke anything, nor have I said I use any drug illegally.

Some people have ingested or otherwise used the drug marinol or even vaporized or ingested prescription cannabis for various medical reasons including cancer (chemo), and other very serious disorders (given to them both on the state and federal level). If (*if*) in the past someone has had a doctor prescribe it to him, what business is that of yours? I suggest you get off your "he is a pothead" horse and just stick to the topic at hand.

#37 jsn9333, Aug 8, 2007
  18. jsn9333

jsn9333 New Member

A thread was deleted because it referred to potentially illegal activity (that is what the moderator told me), not because it referred to anything sexual.

We did discuss the legality of marijuana (and the morality). However, I never said I ingested the drug illegally. In discussing how some people might justify breaking the law in some situations relating to drug use, you might have gotten the impression I am one of those people. But I have never said I smoke anything, nor have I said I use any drug illegally.

Some people have ingested or otherwise used the drug marinol or even vaporized or ingested prescription cannabis for various medical reasons including cancer (chemo), and other very serious disorders (given to them both on the state and federal level). If (*if*) in the past someone has had a doctor prescribe it to him, what business is that of yours? I suggest you get off your "he is a pothead" horse and just stick to the topic at hand.

We are discussing what various drugs the scriptures refer to (medically and socially), how they are referred to, and what various home remedies people have discovered from biblical times until now. My own medical history has nothing to do with this topic.

What your trying to suggest of me in addition is a violation of the rules of this board. Just know that I do not encourage illegal activity. If you believe that even speeding 1-2 mph goes against submission to the authorities where you live, I would suggest you report yourself to them each and every time you do it.

#38 jsn9333, Aug 8, 2007
  19. jsn9333

jsn9333 New Member

A thread was deleted because it referred to potentially illegal activity (that is what the moderator told me), not because it referred to anything sexual.

We did discuss the legality of marijuana (and the morality). However, I never said I ingested the drug illegally. In discussing how some people might justify breaking the law in some situations relating to drug use, you might have gotten the impression I am one of those people. But I have never said I smoke anything, nor have I said I use any drug illegally.

We are discussing what various drugs the scriptures refer to (medically and socially), how they are referred to, and what various home remedies people have discovered from biblical times until now. My own medical history has nothing to do with this topic.

What your trying to suggest of me in addition is a violation of the rules of this board. Just know that I do not encourage illegal activity. If you believe that even speeding 1-2 mph goes against submission to the authorities where you live, I would suggest you report yourself to them each and every time you do it.

#39 jsn9333, Aug 8, 2007
  20. jsn9333

jsn9333 New Member

The moderator wrote me and said the thread skirted the line too closely concerning "illegal vice". He never mentioned sexual content to me. And he didn't say he moved it, he just said he took away my access to it.

And again, since this cheese cracker person is insisting that I engage in illegal activity, I want to state that I do not encourage anything illegal. If I have argued in the past about the ways some people justify breaking the law (whether it is speeding or drug use) that is because that is a moral topic as it relates to Romans 13. I have not specifically said that I engage in illegal activity. I also do not smoke anything because it is bad for your lungs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.