1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bible Debate

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by KJVBibleThumper, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

pa/n klh/ma evn evmoi. mh. fe,ron karpo.n ai;rei auvto,( kai. pa/n to. karpo.n fe,ron kaqai,rei auvto. i[na karpo.n plei,ona fe,rh|Å

I just cut and pasted that so it might not be real clear. Which word did you have a question about?

2. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

God has preserved people by preserving his perfect word?

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Um, isn't it obvious enough that the harmony of Scripture over-rides any conjecture man can interject as we should all know God has never pitted Himself against His own words?

I believe I have revealed, again, that "Rule of Thumb".:thumbsup:

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yes, would you have it any other way?

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Would you agree with the KJB translation?

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And there is no disharmony of Scripture in any of the modern versions I have.

:godisgood:

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You must not have the NKJV then.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You mean this big women's study Bible I have sitting next to me??

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I can't see you right now to answer honestly.:sleep:

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Sure, I would rather have it the way God has it in his word.

Sure ... The word is aireo, which means to take away or remove. The "eth" is a little outdated. It should simply read "he takes away" or "he cuts off."

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The problem is that the words of scripture cannot always be harmonized because of changing calendars, the historical context is different ,and a number of words changed their meaning over the time the Bible was written.

Harmonize John 3:22 and John 4:2

Harmonize Is. 45:7, Lam 3:38 and Amos 3:6 with what you have been taught about God's character and evil.

Harmonize Exodus 7:13 and Exodus 8:15.

Harmonize how Paul uses the word salvation and how Peter uses the word salvation in 1 Peter.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

So far we are doing fairly well, so let's continue and try and keep this one down to a rumble, folks.

C4K is attempting to take a little vacation. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which one of the translations of the OT which were available at the time did Jesus quote from?

14. Askjo

Askjo New Member

No, You jumped too far.

15. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Read the Psalm and see what is in danger of passing away and in need of preservation. It is not the words of God.

This is a place where you need to let the text say what it says.

16. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BT:My answer would be that He did indeed inspire the originals, but after doing that, He then preserved them, to "this generation for ever"-Psalm 12:6-7.

Yep, your studies at PBC have taught you an old KJVO error-the "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie", taken straight outta Dr. Wilkinson's book!

Have you ever read an AV1611, the original KJV? If you have access to one or an exact repro, please observe the marginal note for the 2nd them in V7. It reads,"Heb. him, I. euery one of them". you see by that note, that the AV translators believed Ps. 12:7 is about PEOPLE, namely David & friends as they fled from Saul.

All we Baptists believe God preserved His word, of course. What mosta us DON'T believe is that Psalm 12:7 is about this preservation. and if it WAS, where is the KJV mentioned???????????????

Another thing mosta us do not believe is the false doctrine that the KJV is the ONLY valid English bible translation out there. this is entirely a MAN-MADE theory; not one quark of Scripture supports it by the slightest implication.

So you're now age 20? Great! I am approaching age 61, & have been debunking KJVO almost ten years longer than you've been alive. I can answer any and all pro-KJVO arguments; I've seen'em all. There hasn't been a new one since the 1970s. All the latest KJVO literature is the same ole trash in a new dumpster.

BTW, have you read Dr. Ruckman's Mark Of The Beast? If so, do you believe it was written by a rational mind? Do ya *REALLY* believe the antichrist will be a ten-foot-tall alien with huge black lips who will land a mile-wide spaceship on the Mount of olives & impart his mark with a kiss from those huge black lips?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I disagree with all of you. :laugh:

I think it means that God keeps His word. Or you could say that God keeps His promises, because His word is pure. There is no deceit in Him.

The previous verses are speaking about liars, flatterers, people whose words are deceitful. God is just the opposite. His word is true. If He says He will do something, He will do it.

It's not about bible words or people, but about God keeping His word or keeping His promises. He preserves His word/promises forever. He keeps His word forever. He is a God of His word, like you are a man of your word. It is speaking of God's character.
    Just my thoughts.

#37 Amy.G, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Izzatso? Lessee ya prove him wrong!

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, but Ps. 12:7 aint about that. And if it was, where does it refer to the KJV?

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You're joking, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.