1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Biblical Doctrine of Divorce

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is no use in posting here any more. Of the countless explanations of this verse that I have already given, either you haven't read or have just totally ignored.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Nether one. I used it as an illustration. The Sadducees brought forth an illustration from the OT law. The illustration as far as the law was concerned was correct. But they were not asking about divorce and remarriage. They were asking about the resurrection, which doctrine they denied. Whose wife would she be in the resurrection? I wasn't referring to that part of the question, but only to the illustration that pertained to the OT Jewish law.

The custom was Jewish. The Jews had many customs that we don't have today. Many of them are mentioned in the NT. Paul took a vow and shaved his head. I see no reason why I should follow in his example, even though the Bible says:

"Be ye followers of me even as I am of Christ."
    --Those were Paul's words. Does that mean we all as Christians must shave our heads?
    Context is important.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Always a straw man, when it upsets the cart of your doctrine. I wouldn't expect no less.

As far as the article, it has as much or more merit than your assumptions.

BBob,

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "As far as the article, it has as much or more merit than your assumptions.''

Very true Brother Bob :thumbs: though not sure why one assumption, if I made one, would have more merit than another.

"Always a straw man, when it upsets the cart of your doctrine. I wouldn't expect no less."

Not in all cases - only when one's cart has been upset - mine hasn't. (In my mind of course.) :thumbs:

#344 exscentric, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sorry....... a little too rough, forgive me

BBob,

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a problem. I was editing while you posted - sometimes I would like the edit feature to not function - causes confusion now and then.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Time to close this thread.
    Start another if you so desire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.