1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Blood and It’s Application

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

Funny how you get up set about someone misrepresenting you but you (so far in this thread) have continued to do this to others. If you would, please stop trying to interpret what others are saying and just repeat 'what they say'. For all the boxes you keep alluding to in Blessed posts you have just as many and your own theory of salvation and the possibility of it's loss. I am merely stating those same things can be laid to your charge as well.

#21 Allan, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Salvation is a multi-faceted thing.

1. - you are justified before God
    2. - you are sanctified unto God
    3. - you have been given a 'new' nature that is 'in' God (Christ)
    4. - and thus you are placed into God's family becoming one of His sons

There are other things but I will deal with these first.

I sure you will agree that all of these are in scripture and are parts that are involved in ones salvation...ff not I will be glad to show you, However I believe you already know this.

1. The fact we are justified means that the penalty for sins has been paid. His death was the payment for sin. Not timely sinning but the fact of the penalty of sin itself.

2. Because we are justified we have been declared judicially by God to be free from the penalty of sin (seperation from God) and thus no longer seperated FROM Him but unified unto God and now seperated from the world. This sanctification is to make something holy by cleansing and the dedicating of it to God.

3. Thus God in His divine wisdom has to change man's nature in order for the above to have any lasting value and keep that which He has purchased. He 'changes' the very nature of man from being at enmity with God to being in union with God. This new nature is so changed that unlike the previous sin nature this 'new' nature seeks after God and be at one with God even if man sins. He can not relish his sin as before because his new nature seeks after God and longs after righteousness. It is because of this new nature that man will no longer seek to be seperated from God. The one thing that can honestly be said about "IF" one "COULD" loose their salvaiton is that they will not and can not ever be saved again. It is a one time deal. However no man who is saved would ever seek seperation from God because of this new nature given him by God. We are kept by God until that day.

4. We have been placed into His family. This even more defining of one not loosing their salvation than that of the new nature because this illistrates the Love of God towards His own. As a father, I could no more disown my children for some dispicable crime than I can disown myself. We are family by blood (DNA). I can say they are no longer mine but that does not change the fact they ARE mine any more than their denying me changes that fact. However as a father, I would not do such.. and if I who am not perfect love my children this much .. how much more does God the Father love us.

I would honestly ask that you do a study on the words "leave" and "forsake".

Remember the Prodical Son who left his family and took his inheritence.. and yet his Father remained his Father all the while .. and proved this at his return.

Side Bar - By faith the propitiation of Christ death has been applied to the one believing.
    So the propitiation is imparted due to faith and not before.

#22 Allan, Sep 15, 2008
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The shedding of the blood of Christ is for the sin of the whole world, which is given to God the Father, by Christ the son as an atonement for "all" mankind. It is a ransom for the sin of all men. That "it is finished" means the atonement is finished, the way of Salvation is complete. That does not mean that blood when it was shed, is applied to "all" men, but does mean it was given to the Father for the sin of "all" men.
    God adds to the church daily, such as should be saved. In other words "those who believe" God adds the blood to their soul at the time of belief, cleansing them from all sin that they have then. If it were possible for that man to go "back", then he is lost, but I for one do believe in a strong God who will keep His children from the hand of Satan and will deliver them blameless at the resurrection.

The shedding of the blood of Christ was for "all" sin, not anyone's specific sin, It is God who knows who should be added to the church, and that is when you believe. The blood is also there for those who will be born in the future and will be given by God, through "belief".

The blood is applied to an individual's sin, at the point of "belief".

If all sins of all men were forgiven at the cross, then all men would be saved. They were not forgiven, but an atonement was made for them to the Father, who then according to who believes, applys the blood to their soul.

To say that "future" sins are also covered, and all your sins were future at the cross, is for sure a "red herring", for Gods children are kept by His power. Scripture says so, over and over. "We are not of them who draw back unto perdition". There is so many scripture that say that Gods children, do not draw back, but press on to the prize of the mark of the high calling.

To say "future" sins are covered, is someone trying to make a way for the believer to commit grevious sins. Period. Some study scripture to try and justify what they have already done, and not what it really says. IMO

I read somewhere that the passage that future sins are covered was first made by a Catholic priest, in 1056 or there abouts.

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. (Heb 10:26, 27)

What do the following scripture mean to you who are advocating that all your future sins are covered, even if you murder,, adultery. Not just chastisement sins, but grevious sins. How do you get around the following scripture, and there are many more.

Rom 6:1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Furthermore, if at conversion we were forgiven all sins, past, present, and future, it would make no sense for Christ to require us to pray, "And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors," which he explained is required because "if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" (Matt. 6:12–15).

Someone says, well Christians commit all kinds of sins and do not pray, but forget, what "being born again is".

BBob,

#23 Brother Bob, Sep 15, 2008