1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Bogus Blog Behind Foley's Fall

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who tied this to Bill Clinton? Please provide the quotes and or evidence that I have tied Bill clinton to "every evil known to man" the exact evidence or quotes. No paraphrasing as it is always incorrect. This of course will require you to post every quote on every subject I have been involved in. So rather than make silly assertions maybe you could at least be a little more accurate in your accusations

#21 Revmitchell, Oct 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It would be nice, just once for the Bush enablers to assume some personal responsibility, and quit blaming every Bush failure on Clinton.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I'd say that sinfullness is everything.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You know, guys, he has a point - I've been through his posts and he does not blame gypsy moths, hair loss or the heartbreak of psoriasis on Clinton.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I would not expect you, a former marine, to be a sniveling coward! It is obvious that you allow your hatred of Bill Clinton to color most all of what you say on this board. At least be man enough to admit it. Come on make the other marines proud, step up to the plate and take responsibility for once.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, just like your hatred of George Bush and the republicans. Its very hard to see how you can take up for the merits of either party when there are none from a Christian perspective.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The point, of course, is that every time the GOP is caught in a moral lapse, or the economy is going bad, or we get embarassed again by the fools bungling the war, inevitably, (as happened on this thread) someone says "But Bill Clinton...."

At some point, republicans are going to have to step up and take some personal responsibility for the consequences of their actions. Bill Clinton didn't ruin the economy, or get us into a quagmire in Iraq, or force Hastert and Foley to do what they did.

Certainly, this must be among the things that have so disgusted Americans about the republican party.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty viscious, Terry.

I believe you're getting carried away.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately, Terry is yet again stooping to personal attacks, perhaps because he lacks anything substantive to add to the conversation. Why must this be tolerated? Can we not do better?

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#30 Revmitchell, Oct 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2006
  11. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

This was an associated Press article. I know it was in the LA Times and the Chicago Tribune. Personally, I think it's more important news than Clinton's liason with Monica. I thought you guys were ardent anti-homosexuals. I suppose not if it's harmful to the Republican party.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mix up two different issues. There is his homosexuality and then there is his pedophilia. One doesn't necessarily coexist with the other. I would never knowingly vote for a homosexual. But that is not illegal. Nor would I make it so. Foley's issue isn't his homosexuality but his pedophilia. He is a predator and disgusting. His failures in no way reflect on the "party" and it is silly to make such an assertion. The Democratic party however is being hypocritical. They defend and gloss over those in their party who takes part in such deviant behaviors but use this to win politically.

Now because republicans call them on this they fire back with whatever vitriol spewing rhetoric they can come up with. But it is all baseless and silly.

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bottom line? If the republicans hadn't done anything wrong, they wouldn't have to fear being exposed.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE WEBSITE THAT STARTED IT ALL - STRANGE BUT TRUE
    CATEGORY: Politics, Ethics

First, you absolutely must go to American Thinker and read this post from Clarice Feldman on the Foley scandal. It is, to put it mildly, flabbergasting in its implications.

In her article, Clarice mentions the website that started it all. Stop Sex Predators came on line in late July with one post announcing its intention to “serve as a clearing house for the public to report sex predators and as a resource for concerned parents and citizens.”

SNIP

Then comes a post on 9/21 that mentions Foley for the first time:

I have been away for a while, so please accept my apologies for the lack of blog posts. BUT….while I was away, the blog has been noticed and some shocking emails have been received! I can hardly believe it! I’m posting each one below. It’s proof that the Congressional Corruption of the past is alive and well today. It’s up to us to expose it and stop this predatory harassment! Please promote the blog and email any further information to [email protected] . Together we will make a difference!

Why would anyone notice this blog? It has posted nothing original in its short existence. The rare postings means that it has not built up any audience whatsoever. The first Technorati reference to the blog is from two days ago. Even a Google search doesn’t show it on the first 10 pages when searching for “Stop Sex Predators.”

And yet, 3 separate people who had contact with Congressman Foley somehow found this website independent of one another and supposedly sent emails to the owner of this site to complain about Foley’s inappropriate behavior.

Possible? Yes. Probable? I’ll let you decide.

SNIP

CREW is a liberal public interest group funded by George Soros and seems to have its fingerprints all over this scandal.

The question isn’t whether or not Foley is a lowlife pervert who belongs in jail. He does. The question isn’t whether the House leadership did a good enough job with the Foley case when it came to their attention. They probably didn’t.

The real question is if CREW sat on these emails for months with the knowledge that children were at risk on the Hill thanks to stalker Foley. And if CREW knew, why release the raunchy IM now?

For maximum political damage to Republicans, of course. And I would hope that some enterprising reporters and bloggers out there will ferret out the details of this story and bring to light everything that needs to be known.