1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Book of John

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HOHNancy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is an excellent point that is often overlooked for its significance, but when understood in its cultural context, adds so much meaning to how 1st century Jews would have understood the story and why John chose this story to begin his account of Jesus' life.

Jesus takes the water in bins that were used for a traditional sacred Jewish ritual of cleansing and transformed it into something new that brings joy and pleasure.

2. HOHNancy

HOHNancy New Member

Thank you Bill. [​IMG] I appreciate that and I will look into it to help me study my Bible more. [​IMG]

Well, I like my Bible because it has a lot of helps, and thank you all for your answers....I think it makes sense now about the question the book asked me pertaining about Jesus turning water into wine. ;) I have really learned a lot here! :D