1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Book Of Life

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jack Lavictoire, Jul 6, 2006.

1. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Revelation 20

Yes, please note, Brother Bob, the deciding factor of what sent someone to the Lake of fire was not the books of works, but whether their name was in the book of life or not.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that those who are children of God and who have been redeemed will again be judged and if their works were evil they will be sent to hell ?
    Because the post you answered said "man's works, whether good or bad, have no impact on their eternal salvation".
    I submit to you that the unsaved will be judged according to their works, but the saved ? Whatever happened to the judgment Christ took in their behalf ?

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

See that's what happens when you combine two issues and try to make them the same issue. Contradictions start to abound.

I don't know how Brother Bob will answer this question, but I have my suspicions.

The judgment seat of Christ will be for believers only. There will be be paid for our works with wages, some will receive much, some some, some little, some nothing and some will lose even that which they have already.

See the 21st century Christian has lost sight of what reward means. Today people think that this speaks only to positive things. Either a Christian will have rewards or they will lose their rewards, but that's not the picture we are given in the Bible.

We are going to receive justly what we are due according to our works whether good or bad. So good works will receive reward and bad works will receive reward. Rewards are not 100% positive.

But Christians will definitely have their works judged, but eternal matters will not be in view, because that issue is settled before the person dies.