1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The bottom line is this:

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Daniel David, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

What you have just stated is there is no hope for any but those whose names are written in the lambs book of life.

How does one know if one's name is written in the Lambs book of life? It follows that only those who are "saved" are written therein, so only those who are saved are of the elect, and the elect cannot keep from being saved. It follows that no one but those whose names are written in the lambs book of life, can believe in Jesus!

If that is the case, then it was totally false for Jesus to say "whosoever believeth on me shall have life", and His command given to his Apostles to go into all the world making disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost is a deliberate act to deceive the meek and lowly into believing that they have life in Jesus, for if their names are not written in the Lambs book of life, they are just as lost today as they are when cast into the lake of fire, the final death. If those, whom the Apostles went to and made disciples names are not written in the lambs book of life, they will not have eternal life, but will be cast into the lake of Fire. Thus it is a completely bogus outright lie that 'the unlisted' will be saved. Can you imagine the surprise and utter disappointment for those who confessed Jesus before man but still got cast into the lake of fire?

Harald, it seems to me that you are subject to that same surprise and disappointment. You have no evidence that your name is written in the Lambs book of Life, any more than I have. If you have been a life long, faithful "Christian", and God casts you into the lake of fire, is that not fraud? Is fraud not a sin? Does God sin?

I could write a book on this topic, but if you read it you would reject it like you reject the other truths.

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

He would not have sinned! THe nation of Israel would have remained intact through Moses, as he was part of Abraham's line.

3. ScottEmerson

Malarkey. Who said that?

4. Harald

Harald New Member

Yelsew.

"whosoever believeth on me shall have life"

Where in the word of God do you find those exact words? Please tell me!

Harald

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Actually, that is what Scriputre says (cf. Rev 20:14-15).

If they believe unto salvation.

Totally false and illogical. We ahve explained this so many times but you will not stop repeating this false statement. We believe that whosoever believes will have eternal life. There is no doubt about that. And it was a true statement. The people who don't believe, don't have eternal life and they are not in teh book of life. How much more simple can it be?

6. russell55

russell55 New Member

I think when Jacob prophesies to his sons before he dies he makes that prophesy about Judah. That, of course, is before.

7. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Are you pleading ignorance?

Of course the exact phraseology that I used is not in the written word. But let me tell you this, words have no power unto themselves! It is only when they are used in expressing ideas, concepts, warnings, advisement, and emotions that they have any power whatever. Jesus words are "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life. Jesus is the only begotten son of God, so it is right to phrase his words as I did.

8. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

EXCUSE ME? Consider this a rebuke! Jesus is God and God is not false and illogical. None of his Words are false or illogical! He is God and his words are true!

I will continue until my last breath to carry Jesus message(s) forward to those who have not heard and even to those who have heard but were not completely convinced, in the hope that by re-hearing Jesus words they will become convinced of their validity and truth.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You are the one in need of a rebuke. You keep insinuating and even plainly stating that we do not believe that whosoever believes will be saved. When you say that, it is plainly false. We have told you time and time again that we fully affirm that. It is time for you to get with the program. You have been here long enough to quit misrepresenting. If you are insistent on spouting that, then take your discussion elsewhere. We do not need your false statements to continue. There are plenty of differences to discuss without you making them up out of something that we agree on. Got it??

As will most of us I imagine. This is not a difference between us. The difference is, What will bring them to believe? Let's talk about that difference. Do not make stuff up.

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Well, way to go Larry. Isn't that the same as saying that arminians should not post anymore.

11. ScottEmerson

Well, way to go Larry. Isn't that the same as saying that arminians should not post anymore. </font>[/QUOTE]This is the same person who said in an earlier thread: "So, the nonsovereigntist would have us believe that God left to chance the final destiny in the hands of people who hate him. What a cruel God who is uncaring.

Arminianism is bad theology coupled by spineless preachers. How I long for them to man up to the Scriptures and tear down their idols of self. God is the center of everything not man. How tragic that so many have fallen victim to such ridiculous theology."

What is this about the pot callign the kettle black, or maybe something about specks in the neighbor's eye and logs in your own?

12. William C

William C New Member

No Bill, it doesn't. I would encourage you to stop making yourself a lightning rod for criticism because of your lack of ability to actually represent the other side or your lack of knowledge in the Scripture.

Consider this, in the book of Exodus, God threatened to wipe out the Israelites and start over with Moses. Is this possible? No. God made the threat to move them to repentance. He had already covenanted with Abraham (unilaterally) to have a people through him. Also, the Messiah would be born through Judah. Moses was born of the Levitical tribe.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, so you would rather believe that God is a bluffer than to believe that he could actually mean what He says when he makes a threat? You call THAT sovereignty?

That's an interesting view of God. God threatens people with untruth. God lies to scare people into repentance. Why would God need to threaten people to repeatance if He has effectually called them to repentance Preach? Can you say "CONTRADICTION"?

You have just become the largest lighting rod for blasphemy on this board.

13. William C

William C New Member

Harald can you provide some scriptural support for this view? Thanks