1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The CALL, Is there One Call to All or not

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Allan, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

First you say they have to be regenerated for they are all lost and now you say they are always saved. What do you believe James, do you know?

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

reread the post Bob. :)

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

But you say they do hear satan for it is easy James. I really think you just want to be difficult for I stated very close to how you have said in the past how you believe and that is that all are lost and to be lost is to follow satan but because I said it, you want to make it untrue when Adam fell because he followed satan and we are multiplied Adam.

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

it is easy Bob. Do you think its hard to sin? No...it is very easy to sin.

The last part. Bob, its not about you. When you post a good post and I read it, I tell you so. A sinner needs not do one little thing to follow Satan, for Satan is his father. This is what I said. Tell me what is wrong with that statement.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So Adam and Eve didn't have to listen to satan at all. I thought for sure satan was

1Pe 5:8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Who is this Santa Clause?

Eph 4:14That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Maybe I am wrong James:

You have a good day tomorrow also.

#305 Brother Bob, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Indeed....

I didn't say Satan NEVER temps us Bob. I said NO ONE NEEDS to listen to him to be a sinner, for they are a sinner already. Is that not what I said Bob? I'm not sure what you are fighting over. We both should agree on this. Show me what you disagree with Bob.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You are the one being disagreeable James and you know it. You are in a mood to be unreasonable and so be it. What is temptation James? Is it not the devil talking to you to persuade you to do evil? Why are you trying to make something so difficult? Now, you say satan "tempts us". Then you said he don't call us to follow Him when He asked the Lord Himself to fall down and worship him. Who are you trying to convince James, me or you? You don't debate, you think you are some kind of teacher or something but in reality you are a confused man. I crack up when you say "hold on now I will be bringing up the big one soon". :)

#307 Brother Bob, Oct 28, 2006
  8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Never mind Bob...:) :)

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't...........

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

There are only a limited number of choices as to how to interpret this passage as Jesus meant it when He said it:

1) All the dead will hear and live (universalism).

2) All the dead will hear but not all will hear and respond positively.

My choice is number 2 and using another word for the second "hear" clarifies it in my mind as to what Jesus meant when He said this...

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that listen shall live.

So, yes, all the dead will hear His voice by means of the reproving Spirit but only they who actually pay attention to what He says will live.

John 16:8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 3
    19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

HankD

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hear in Greek can mean "harken to" also.
    It says "they that hear" which he is calling all sinners to repentance but they have to hear from the heart or "harken to" shall be saved. The dead shall hear but they must "harken to".

191. akouo (ak-oo'-o)

a primary verb; to hear (in various senses)

give (in the) audience (of), come (to the ears), (shall) hear(-er, -ken), be noised, be reported, understand.

This is the Greek of the Phase "dead shall hear". (understand)

I seem to have it right when I said "harken to".

#311 Brother Bob, Oct 28, 2006
  12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hank...what do you think about this...

This verse does not say ALL will hear. It says THEY THAT HEAR shall live.

The phrase.."when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God"...is limited by "they that hear".

They that hear..........LIVE

13. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

puleeze Somebody Shoot This C/a Horse. It Is Suffering For Naught!!!!

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Go away........

15. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Page 32. Time to close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.