1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The CALL, Is there One Call to All or not

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Allan, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, I sure am glad for I thought for a while you were having "hard" feeling, I am so glad to see you are not.

2. Blammo

Blammo New Member

But the verse says "...longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance". Why would the verse say God is patient toward us when, according to you, He must regenerate us before we can do what He is waiting for?

3. jne1611

jne1611 Member

No, I just think we have said enough for now. No reason to keep going till we get ill. I am fine with you.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He will say that He is not willing that any of the elect would perish;)

5. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Well. take out regeneration part and look at it your way. You believe we must be drawn to be saved? If so God is still waiting on Himself to make the first move. Is He not?

6. Blammo

Blammo New Member

That is what they always say. That is why I am asking:

Why would the words "longsuffering to us-ward" be in the verse? In their theology, it is God that must do the regenerating before we can repent and believe.

It doesn't make sense their way.

#26 Blammo, Oct 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2006
  7. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

a second general call that is given but for no actual purpose since God expects NO results from it.

No results? God's word does not come back void. Those who reject His call are damned as a result.

8. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Also. He waits on His own time frame. Do you think Paul would have stopped killing Christians if God had not stopped him? Well God waited for Himself to stop Saul. Did He not? What difference does it make?

9. Blammo

Blammo New Member

No. God has already done His part. We are to preach the gospel to every creature.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

10. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Glad to see you on board Bro.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, I wonder what all the preaching is about, missionaries, evangelists. I think the preacher of old had it right, "all is vanity".

12. jne1611

jne1611 Member

So you do not believe a man must be drawn by the Father?

13. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Ofcourse a man must be drawn by the Father. You and I may have a different idea on how or when this takes place.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

14. jne1611

jne1611 Member

That may be. I believe it takes place when one accepts Christ. As Christ Said: Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

15. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

The elect are chosen before the foundation of the world. There are elect who are not yet born. God is patient, waiting until the last of the elect are born, hear the Gospel and respond. He was not necessarily waiting on those during Peter's day ( although He was also waiting on them too ) but waiting on the last of His sheep to be brought into this world and hear His voice. I pray the last one has been born already. By the way.... if He is waiting on those who by their free will shall respond... what about all the babies born between the time the free willers grow to an age of accountability and then by their free will respond? Don't those babies get a chance to grow up and choose? Can He ever come back in that case? When the last of the elect are born and are regenerated, He will come back.

16. Blammo

Blammo New Member

That is correct. Show me where it says all who are drawn will obey the gospel?

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

17. jne1611

jne1611 Member

I have to get some sleep. I'll catch you all tomorrow Lord Willing.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, we preach they have never sinned and will go to Heaven not like some that they will be in Hell.

19. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Those drawn, are raised at the last day. What does that tell you? There is no talk of the drawn rejecting Christ in the context is there? All of those given are drawn, taught, and come to Christ.
    And Matt 22:14 says nothing about being drawn by the Father.

20. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Goodnight All.:sleeping_2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.