1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The CALL, Is there One Call to All or not

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Allan, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allan

Allan Active Member

Wow, I didn't expect this much traffic on here.
    However, I will try to address as much as possible but I am backed up a bit in some things which is why I haven't responded till now. AND my wife is getting a little irritated with me on the computer so much lately (studies, e-mail, blogging) so I promised to degress somewhat. I have to head out to preach this morning so I wll addess only what I remember off the top of head. JNE1600 I will get back with you since it was you and I that first began this conversation, please be patient with me :thumbsup:

Ye please look CLOSELY at the first AND at the next verse Pinoy:
    NOTE: To those who RECEIVED Him, it was to THEM He GAVE the right to be called the Sons of God
    The next first states NOT that God MADE (irresistable call) them recieve but that any who DID RECEIVE but the next verse shows this salvation is not due to mans wanting OUTSIDE of God as I have stated many time before. It is the next verse that clarifies this as salvation is not due to a blood line (by blood) any good a man can do (by the will of flesh) nor is it by mans desire (by the will of man) OUTSIDE of God.

There is none on here that I know of who deny a person CAN NOT come to Christ unless God initiate the relationship.

However the reason for this OP: Is there one calling to the few, or is the calling to all - with regard to the empowering for that salvation we hold most dear.

Man if left to himself will not seek God, therefore it is God who must initiate. That is what John 1:12-13 is about in context of the verses 1-18. Moses brought the law but Jesus brought Grace and truth. He is the light that LIGHTETH every man that cometh into the world - guess which translation :)

And as BLAMMO stated scripture; Faith COMES by hearing and hearing BY the Word of God. Not in any phrasology: Faith comes only to the elect by hearing and hearing by the Word of God..

REFORMEDBEILVER Stated:
    Uh, not accoding to your theology~ They were damned BEFORE they heard the Call remember: God knew before creation that man would fall and it was from THERE (mans decision for damnation) that God decreed the Elect from those IN damnation already.

2. whatever

whatever New Member

It is better to say that they remain condemned because of their unbelief. John 3:17-18 makes that clear. But, the decrees do not depend on foreknowledge of any man's choices.

3. jne1611

jne1611 Member

And your point is?

4. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Yes. Yes. Believers. Those FIRST who were given to the Son by the Father, WILL BELIEVE.

5. jne1611

jne1611 Member

That makes no sense Bob. For the Calvinist says. The dead get their hearing from the drawing that brings them to the knowledge of the truth.

6. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Exactly.:thumbs:

7. jne1611

jne1611 Member

AMEN! AMEN!

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, don't sound good that God Decreed it, does it?

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You seem to be saying it is all in one, correct me if I am wrong.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Think what you are saying, are there two Salvations?

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (PB peeks outta his dugout and says):

Huh ? Whatcha talkin' 'bout, BB ? Wherever did I say anythin' 'bout 'em two sahlveyshuns ?

(PB ducks back into his dugout).

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: :tongue3: :laugh:

Ed

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Granted, I'm somewhat late even looking at this thread. Someone has said that "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread." So, I'll lay claim to everything 'cept the first word in that sentence. :rolleyes: Probably still this is foolish, however.
    Uh- who's the 'Ed' that the thread referred to earlier? That's first off.

Second, it seems to me that the above paragraph is extremely long on 'theological speak' and double-talk, and extremely short on Scripture, save in the use of some Scriptural words and terms. Uh- anyone else notice this? Or is it just me?

Back to the sidelines, I trot.

Ed

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uh, (with a bow to BrotherBob) for the "crayon poster" :laugh: :laugh: , why does the last phrase in John 6:45 rate large type, bold face, and underlining, and the two phrases preceding it, i.e., the first half of the verse, namely

"It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God."

not rate the same treatment? (Also kinda' obscures the "therefore" which undoubtedly for a reason is there for.) Same verse, Same Bible, Same version, but different treatment. :confused: Just wonderin'!

Ed

#74 EdSutton, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Nah! Just the "unelected" ones! :rolleyes: :tear:

Ed

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uh- I wonder if Jesus, Lazarus, and Jairus' daughter and maybe even Ezekiel in the 'Valley of Bones' might disagree with this statement? :confused:

Ed

17. jne1611

jne1611 Member

I cant speak for everyone else. But, I believe it all happens at once myself. Yes in an order of events, but all at once.

18. jne1611

jne1611 Member

No comment necessary to this nonsense, but if you wish. I put emphasis on those words, not because of them dominating over the other texts, but because most wish they were not there, so I figured I would make it plain.
    I'll bet you would not have had a problem with colours if John 3:16 would have been the text.:laugh: Besides the colours come from the Bible program I use. Get over it.:praying:

19. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'll grant that you did not make the direct statement about babies going to hell. But BrotherBob is correct when he says you first brought up the subject of babies, here in this thread. (Grimacing as I admit to actually agreeing with Brother Bob, for once. :tongue3: ) And since I am only a dumb farmer, and no preacher or no theologian, I do wonder how I should interpret this post, as to what you meant, if it is not suggesting that at least 'some' "babies go to hell"?
    You did ask a question, but the tenor of some of the rest of the post would suggest this to me, at least. :confused:

Ed

20. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Uh. Have you read where they were resurrected? Do you think they jumped up before they were given life?
    [​IMG]

#80 jne1611, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.