1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Camino de Santiago ( The Way of St James )

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Garranos, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Garranos

Garranos New Member

I would really appreciate some help and support from English, Irish, and Scottish Christians! The Yahoo group Ultreya.net is a network of international pilgrims sharing tips and information about the Camino de Santiago, the long distance footpath also known as “The Way of St James.” Well, almost an international community of pilgrims, (sadly there's very few English, Irish, and Scottish pilgrims.) I feel this is a great shame because we have so much to offer and we are so under-represented!

To help visit: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/ultreya/

2. mioque

mioque New Member

Pilgrimige to Santiago de Compostella. [​IMG]
    I'm afraid I can't help you with your question (being Dutch instead of Irish and all).
    I can however predict that many on this board will probably be hostile to the very notion of pilgrimage. They being baptists and Santiago being a Roman Catholic pilgrimage site.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I wander around the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming with a backpack full of granola and walking close to God in the cathedral of His creation.

So if someone wants to do a pilgrimage to draw close to God looking at Gothic Cathedrals or shrines or relics, more power to him.

Won't get any static from me!

4. mioque

mioque New Member

Bob Griffin you keep surprising me. [​IMG]