1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The case for the KJO belief

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

:eek:

I must have missed something in Church History classes. The Mormons, SDA, and Christian Scientists were all founded before 1881 and they used the KJV also.

So, this false charge that using MV's is divisive is utterly hypocritical, it is the KJV that caused division in the church.:rolleyes:

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

[​IMG]

YUP!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your argument is that people are saved with the KJV which I agree with. But people are also saved using the NIV, ESV, NASB and even the Message. So your argument that because people were saved using the KJV, it is the only Word of God is void unless you agree that these other versions are valid versions of God's Word too.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope - not at all. What I'm saying is that you can not say that millions came to know Jesus through this version so it's the only valid Word of God.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The church used translations for 1611 years before that. 300 years compared to 1611 is 1311 years difference. 1311 years is far more history. Since about 250 BC people used more than one Greek translation.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

People do not get saved by a Bible. They get saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Was there confusion when the KJV first came out? It wasn't the only version widely used. Did the KJV cause confusion? ;)

And what exactly was this confusion that arose in the churches? And how is it any different from when the KJV came out when there were already other versions that were being widely being used?

KJVO is divisive. My church uses the KJV in our services. We are not KJVO by any means. I bring an ESV along with some others. Some have the NASB and NKJV. There is no confusion or division. The only way that would start is if somebody started saying that only one version is right and all others are wrong. Who would be doing something like that? The KJVO.

8. Bro K

Bro K New Member

If the Bible is the Word of God; then people do get saved by the Bible.
    Rom 10: 14 "....and how shall they believe on him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
    How can one hear about Christ without the Word of God?
    John 6: 68 Peter talking to Jesus; "...thou hast the words of eternal life."
    Phil 2:15-16 Talks about holding forth the word of life in a crooked and perverse world.
    I Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,\
    BY THE WORD OF GOD, WHICH LIVETH AND ABIDETH FOR EVER (My Caps)

YES, man gets saved by grace through faith; WHERE do we find this saving grace????

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They do not get saved by scripture but by believing in the savior--the one who is salvation.

10. Bro K

Bro K New Member

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Bible is not Him. That is the difference.

"All Cretans are liars" is the word of God but it is not salvation.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with you but they learn about who Jesus Christ is through the Scriptures.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread going nowhere faster and faster and beyond our 10 page standard limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.