1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Catholic Forum

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ben W, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Going on the constant number of threads in here realting to Catholiscm, maybe we should have a forum focusing on the Catholic Church,

Any takers?

2. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Everybody here would just go over there. There would be little left to talk about here as we (Catholics) are the salt of the earth. [​IMG]

I think you would have a better turnout here and there opening a Oneness forum and a Mormon Forum, etc. etc.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Do Catholics have to come to a Baptist board for passionate debate? Just curious.

4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

No, there are plenty of places to debate if one wanted to. Most are here just to clear up misunderstandings about tbe Catholic faith. There is a never ending supply of misunderstandings about what Catholic believe.

God Bless

5. MikeS

MikeS New Member

No, there are plenty of places to debate if one wanted to. Most are here just to clear up misunderstandings about tbe Catholic faith. There is a never ending supply of misunderstandings about what Catholic believe.

God Bless
    </font>[/QUOTE]Kind of the way firefighters go out to the fires. [​IMG]

Actually, folks here are pretty well-behaved. Some other boards are just too unpleasant to bother with. Proclaiming and defending the Catholic faith is not supposed to be a near occasion of sin!

As I remember, when all the Catholics went away for Lent the people here complained about how bored they were! [​IMG]

6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Exactly! [​IMG]

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They come and go. Right now it is mostly Catholics posting. For a while it was mostly Charismatics, Oneness Pentecostals, etc. At one time many of the threads were taken up with SDA doctrine. It is not always predominately Catholic.
    DHK

8. Singer

Singer New Member

............or maybe the misunderstanding is that there is no Protestant
    misunderstanding.

Exclusive sects are a dime a dozen anyhow and they all feel the need to
    protect their claims. Protestants don't have such heartache supporting their
    claims as all they need is the bible for reference. Catholics have to "cramdown"
    all that historical lineage garbo on top of all the secular stuff. I can see why
    they have to install three or four representatives on each board. I still contend
    that they are Vatican trained and assigned to these forums. You won't find one
    without at least two Catholics on it ("correcting misunderstandings"). Mormons
    and Muslims do the same thing. Protestants have no need to.....right is right !!

[​IMG]

9. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I don't think Baptist Board wants a Catholic forum. I read from one of the moderators on another forum that "new" Catholics are not even allowed on the Other Religions Forum at this time.

God Bless

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are a number of Catholic forums where the baord is sponsored by Catholics and non-Catholics are welcomed to post.

But there is a "huge difference" in the way the Catholic members post when responding to non-Catholics on a non-Catholic board vs a Catholic board.

In Christ,

Bob

11. MikeS

MikeS New Member

That explains what happened to a Catholic I know of who tried to sign up here this week. She received a password and 5 minutes later was sent an email declining her registration. I really, truly thought the Baptist Board was above that stuff, and I admired the BB for just that reason! Oh, well, them what has the gold makes the rules.

12. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

C'mon now. You all spend way too much time here. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that you arent spending too much time on other boards. I,ve tried to get on Catholic boards and found them way too restrictive. Can you give me one where I can go and clear up some of your misunderstandings about the Apostolic Church?

13. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

What do you mean by "way to restrictive"?

14. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Has been since I have been here.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are a relative new comer. You've only been here five months to the day. There was a time when this forum was so over-run by atheists and agnostics that it had to be shut down for a few weeks, and then re-opened with a new format, and new posting rules.
    DHK

16. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

You are a relative new comer. You've only been here five months to the day. There was a time when this forum was so over-run by atheists and agnostics that it had to be shut down for a few weeks, and then re-opened with a new format, and new posting rules.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]Happy days are here again.
    The Catholics are shedding light in the lions den.
    So let's sing a song of cheer again
    Happy days are here again

[​IMG]

[ June 11, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: thessalonian ]

17. Singer

Singer New Member

Maybe that ''shining light'' is the glow in the throat of the RCC Lion !!

18. MikeS

MikeS New Member

DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]Now that would be interesting! Baptists, Catholics and other Christians, shoulder-to-shoulder, defending the faith together (after all, we're about 90% united vs. the non-Christian world).

I've found that the A&As (atheists & agnostics) on the internet are, by and large, really, really nasty. A simple post that they don't like can get you cussed up one side and down the other. Anybody else have the same experience? Then they talk about things like "where do you get the courage to face the foreverness of death" and I just want to scream at them!

(I guess I used to be an atheist myself, though I never thought of myself as one. I wasn't nasty about it, in fact I wished somewhat that there was a God, but I just didn't believe. But then, I didn't post about it on the net)

19. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

It was mentioned earlier by DHK that this forum goes through different things at different times,

Oneness Pentecoatal, SDA, Catholiscm etc.

I wonder why these things all come together in "clumps" maybe God is showing us things about different theologys one at a time.