1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Chosen People

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Feb 5, 2011.

1. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

The doctrine that Israel will be reestablished as God's chosen people & are favored above the church is a gross misunderstanding of the priesthood of the believer & of the New Covenant. ALL nations are blessed in Abraham through his Seed, not through Israel as a physical nation.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Who teaches that?

The Priesthood of the believer began in Exodus 19:6

Which is not in contradiction with dispensational doctrine.

3. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

That is absurd. There was no priesthood of the believer(singular) under the Old Covenant. Individual priesthood under the mediation of the true High Priest is only possible under the auspices of the New Covenant through the blood of the perfect Lamb. As I've said before, there is a great lack of understanding concerning the New Covenant & the priesthood of the believer due to the lack of meaningful Bible teaching within our churches. The New Covenant is an entirely different paradigm compared to the Old. Read all of Hebrews.

BTW, verse 5 sets the context for verse 6. They did not keep his covenant & were therefore cut off as His chosen people. The Priesthood is founded in what Christ did, not in what we do. THAT is the difference between the Covenants.

4. mandym

mandym New Member

Have you ever read it?

5. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

I do not base my doctrine on one prooftexted verse that has been taken out of context. Read EVERYTHING the Word says about the Old Covenant, the New Covenant, and our relationship to God under each one before wrapping Scripture around your pretrib theology.

6. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Amen to that! We need to seek the true doctrine by prayer and study of the scripture.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wise words from a Baptist pastor:

"I think we do not attach sufficient importance to the restoration of the Jews. We do not think enough of it. But certainly, if there is anything promised in the Bible, it is this. I imagine that you cannot read the Bible without seeing clearly that there is to be an actual restoration of the children of Israel." —Charles Spurgeon, "The Church of Christ"

#27 Jerome, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
  8. mandym

mandym New Member

You dont know enough about me to determine that is my method. I have asked you very patient and reasonable questions. You have just attacked me. Not sure how you find that helpful in a discussion. You appear rather sensitive on this issue. I have done nothing to provoke such an accusing response. Maybe you should apply the same method to my words and rather than making a judgment based on just a few posts you should find out the whole of my argument. Either way your response is out of line. God Bless

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Do they have a class in your home church that teaches condemning attitude? Although you may reject the doctrine of the Rapture and the subsequent restoring of Israel, there are millions of believers who do. Why can't you just believe the way you do without the attitude toward those who disagree with what you believe?

10. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

I thought this was a forum for debate? I also don't base my doctrine on consensus of the majority. There are more Catholics in this world than Baptists, does that make them right? I think not. BTW, if you can't handle a little bare honesty, then perhaps you're on the wrong site.

I believe we are to study the Word for all it is worth to the exclusion of popular opinion & denominational tradition. Doing so requires us to speak up for unbiased Biblical discernment within our culture.