1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Christ of RCC is the Son of Lucifer

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is clear this video or someone long before has brainwashed you. As can be seen by your post here you did not understand anything that I said. First Your post is a lie (and I'm being charitable when I say that I think it is out of ignorance rather than purposeful) because the prayer you posted inserted a word not in that prayer thereby changing its meaning. You also mistranslated the Latin to make it mean something it does not. And you are still confused about the word lucifer in Latin. Jesus is referred to as a lamb. Does that mean every time I mention lamb I'm speaking about Jesus? No, Of course not. In Latin lucifer means morning star. Its an observation regarding the night sky probably the planet Venus as its seen just before the sun rises. So first and foremost, lucifer should be regarded as the light which shines brightest before the dawn. Next you are so stuck on Americanism because we have used this Latin term not meaning satan as the proper name for satan. However, in Latin it is not the proper name for anyone. Its a descriptor. Even the word satan is a Hebrew descriptor which means accuser. Like prosecuting attorney. Next, it is important to note that Jesus is referred to in scripture as the morning star like 2 Pet 1:19 "the morning star rises in your hearts." or Numbers 24:17 "And a star will come out of Jacob". The reason the Latin phrase was Chosen to give a "proper noun" name to the devil and call him Lucifer is because Isaiah 14:12 is believed to be a revelation about the devil and even there morning star is a descriptor rather than used as a proper name. However, not every time the scriptures use the words morning star does it refer to the devil. These are just facts and the facts speak to what is true and what is not true. Your statement and the video you refer to is not true. I suggest you actually study the subject matter from people who are not biased and espouse Anti-Catholic Vitriol. You might not want to use Jack Chick as an academic reference guide. Not only is it in bad taste the guy has been faulted for actually lying when it came to his "facts" or his sources which has been revealed from a non Catholic Christian journalism. Nor does it seem you need to use this Korean YouTube video from someone who has a beef.

As for inferno, in Latin it means hell and hell means the place of the dead. You really have no training in biblical languages have you? Don't you believe Jesus returned from the dead? Don't you believe he was raised from the dead?

#21 Thinkingstuff, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, I do

It does not say "Dius" in the Latin mass. It says "ejus" Which makes it a different connotation all together. Latin masses are used world wide and it doesn't change from country to country and this is the only version permitted to be used. No "version" would use Dius in place of ejus. And I already showed you what is actually used. Your "Latin" understanding is bad. For instance Dius does not mean God and is pronounced Dee Oos. The word which means God is Deus which is pronounced Day Yoos. The word used in this passage is ejus which is pronounced Ay Yoos. So clearly you don't know how to listen to Latin. Also if you insist that your translation or interpretation of what you heard is correct then know that you are saying "flammas dius lucifer" which is directly word for word translated "flame farmer morning star". So, what you are really trying to say is that you believe Catholics are saying Jesus is the son of a flamming farmer named morning star! LOL!

#22 Thinkingstuff, Apr 15, 2013
  3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Although Thinkingstuff explained the use of the word 'lucifer'.
    From the research I have done, it appears the Latin word lucifer actually became associated with Satan outside the Bible in works like Dante Alighieri's Inferno and Milton's Paradise Lost. Though, some ECF's did adopt the association of lucifer with Satan.

Also, the word lucifer is used in Roman Rite liturgy's Exultet chant in praise of the paschal candle and refers to Christ as the Morning Star (in Latin, lucifer, with lower-case initial): ". . . . . .Flammas eius lucifer matutinus inveniat:Ille, inquam, lucifer, qui nescit occasum:Christus Filius tuus,qui, regressus ab inferis, humano generi serenus illuxit,et vivit et regnat in saecula saeculorum."

You will find other uses the word 'lucifer' meaning something other than Satan in the following:

"Lucifer (Hebr. helel; Septuagint eosphoros, Vulgate Lucifer) originally denotes the planet Venus, emphasizing its brilliancy. Thinkingstuff already pointed this one out.

The Vulgate employs the word also for "the light of the morning" (Job, xi,17),

"the signs of the zodiac" (Job, xxxviiii, 32), and "the aurora" (Ps., cix, 3).

Metaphorically, the word is applied to the King of Babylon (Is., xiv, 12) as preeminent among the princes of his time;

to the high priest Simon son of Onias (Ecclus.,1, 6), for his surpassing virtue;

to the glory of heaven (Apoc., ii, 28), by reason of its excellency;

Finally, to Jesus Christ himself (II Petr., i, 19; Apoc., xxii, 16; the "Exultet" of Holy Saturday), the true light of our spiritual life.

#23 Walter, Apr 15, 2013
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Chrsit of the RCC is the One of the Bible, but alas, the Gospel is antichrist!

5. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

All this "video" stuff aside...

All this stuff from these video's and internet posts aside...I just have a few simple questions for Walter and Thinkingstuff and anybody else here that are RCC members. Do you guys REALLY believe that:

A) the Catholic Church is the ONLY true New Testament Church from Apostolic times forward...?

B) the "Pope" and his edicts and orders are equal to or should supercede the authority of the Word of God (the Bible) when they contradict or differ with it?

C) that anybody should actually pray to Mary or any other dead "saint" for ANYTHING or reason?

D) That ANY man...pope or priest, bishop or cardinal ACTUALLY is qualified to "take the confession" of another man. woman, or child and absolve or forgive them for ANY sin?

REALLY?????

Just so you'll know up front....the ONLY answers that I will ever accept is a CLEAR Bible chapter and verse answer for each of those questions that CLEARLY teaches that the RCC is within TRUE Biblical authority in each of those matters. I don't believe they exist. As a Bible-Believing Baptist Christian that is the ONLY authority that I will ever be able to recognise or accept. The "traditions, teachings and dogmas of the Catholic Church mean nothing to me. You can't argue your churches teachings enough to win me so please....don't waste your time. Your "church" teaches a legalistic system of works that must be accomplished to even have a CHANCE at getting to heaven and that is foreign to the Grace of God and salvation by grace through faith in Christ plus NOTHING as the Bible teaches it. I know you can't see it because the god of this world has blinded you to it but you are in bondage unlike any you have ever known and the tragedy is that you probably got there because you were at least in part, disillusioned by disobedient and carnal, hypocritical Baptists ( or other "professing" "Christians" that you observed and that is a shame.You can't base your life OR your faith on the people around you because they will almost always fail you in some way. Even saved people are imperfect in each other's eyes. We can ONLY be justified in Christ. When God looks at His Children HE sees the righteousness of His Son....but when we look at each other...through our less than glorified eyes we'll always see less than perfection. Your searches for some form of higher "spiritual" plane have led you away from true Biblical grace and into false religiosity. I pray you will be recovered from the snare you have fallen into. I mean each of you only grace and true Biblical love..and not malice.:praying:

Bro.Greg:saint:

#25 Gregory Perry Sr., Apr 15, 2013
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    again, right jesus, wrong Gospel!

7. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Thank you very much for a post that gets at the issues without personal attacks.

8. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Caveat that you provide or the limitation you set (which by the way is an unfair way to ask a question. You can only answer a question on my terms is like saying do you still beat your wife and you can only answer yes or no. Thus if you say I never beat my wife it is beyond the limitation set there fore its an unfair question.) is
    . The problem with answering this first question according to your caveat is the bible as we have it today didn't even exist when Jesus instituted the Church. However, I will say that Jesus gave us a church and not a book. Therefore Jesus established a church and built it up Matthew 16:18
    As far as we know Jesus didn't jot one letter in the bible. Therefore the Church is what Jesus gave us a church by the way which he says
    So in all of history it has never been overcome. Therefore I believe that yes this Church which Jesus built is the Catholic Church which still exist to this day. So in short, yes

No, I don't believe that the Pope (no need to put it in quotes because its just the ancient word of respect for a leader meaning Father.) and " his edicts and orders are equal or should supersede the authority of the word of God when they contradict or differ with it". And further more I will say the Pope is prohibited from teaching anything that is contradictory to the magisterium of the Church of which the bible is part. This is the meaning and understanding of infallibility that whenever the Pope teaches on faith and morals he cannot contradict the constant teaching of the Church. Nor has he done so ever. Because as noted in Matthew 16:18 Jesus says
    which is clear that not only is Peter appointed a specific task but given specific authority. Look at what the NIV study bibles says about that passage in its commentary
    Of which Peter is the Chief Apostle. How do we know he's the chief Apostles? Every list of Apostles in the NT mentions Peter first showing primacy and Jesus also said to Peter in John 21: 15-19 giving him the care of the other Apostles thereby the whole Church
    I don't know where you get stuff but I'm sorry you believe when we leave this mortal coil we are dead rather than receipt of the promise which is eternal life. Prayer means petition. And I can petition living people all I want. There is no prohibition against it. And we see Jesus speaking with Moses who had died of whom two Apostles also saw in Matthew 17. Note Deut 3:5 says
    . Yet clearly in Matthews Gospel says
    Clearly this is a Moses apparition! And Moses was actually speaking back to Jesus! So, clearly there is life after death and one which people can actually communicate to those who are alive in Jesus Christ. But lest you say those who died only appeared to Jesus (who btw isn't charged with necromancy)We have Matthew 27:51 which says:
    So certainly there is scriptural precedent set. However, if a Catholic were to say these things happened you would mock them.
    Well we have a significant event recorded in John 20:21-23 where in the first verse Jesus says
    which sent out is also the meaning of apostle and what does Jesus then say?
    So, its pretty clear that Jesus gave the Apostles this authority who are the predecessors of all bishops to this day. So there are your scripture references. And reasons to believe as I do as a Catholic. Even though you attempt to limit me not realizing that the Scriptures are the Traditions of the Catholic Church. So the scriptures are my friend.

9. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Are you a Deaf?

Listen to the chanting by the man!

He clearly mentions what is posted here. I didn't forge anything in there!
    I read Greek and Hebrew, and can understand Latin as well though I am slow in Latin. Don't worry!

Don't bring anything other than that in the Video.

Let's just focus on this Video only.

The Video is not old one but in the presence of Pope Mr. Ratchinger.

The Video tells you Christ returned from the Infernis! Listen to it unless you are a Deaf!

You have been brainwashed too much by pagan Idolatry religion!

Get thee out of there please!

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Your Christ is the son of Lucifer, but my Christ is not ! He is the Son of God! He will destroy Lucifer !

11. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No.

If the Chanting man said Dius as you said that would be translated "farmer" in which case your translation is still off and would make no sense in the context which it was made.

Actually no and from someone who doesn't know Latin and the difference between Dius, Deus, or ejus I find your insistance that you are correct a bit ridiculous. You cannot be taken seriously when it is clear you don't know what you are talking about nor understand even what it is you have said.
    I didn't say you did. I said the source you got it from did. I did say since you are ignorant of what was presented and that it was false that you are only complisent in spreading the falsehood not originating it.

I can honestly say I sincerly doubt that especially when you typed in Dius which does not mean divine or God.
    So now you want a magic trick? Focus on the one hand so you don't see what the other one is doing? Sorry that won't work either.

Yes Jesus did return from the dead. Infernis is hell and hell is the place of the dead. Another proof you don't know Latin much less Greek or Hebrew.

Finally you are reading what the video posted as the latin and the translation without attempting to verify whether it was true or not. It isn't and thus you've spread the lie of whoever made that video. Jesus is not the son of the Morning Star rather he is described as the morning star because of his brilliance as he brings his light into the world.

#31 Thinkingstuff, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
  12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu, have you noticed that absolutely no one is jumping in to defend the OP. Only a couple of posters attacking Catholicism in general. Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough? The translation of the chant that is shown on the video is wrong. No ifs, ands or buts about it. It is wrong. And it is wrong for you to continue to insist it is right when all you have to do is a little research yourself. So far you just want to rely on translation provided in the video and your faulty Latin.

It is said that if a lie is repeated often enough and loudly enough, people will come to believe it.

A real whopper may never be believed fully by anyone, no matter how often or loudly it is proclaimed, but for a whopper to be effective, it does not need to be believed in every detail. It is enough that it leaves behind a bad impression. People will think that if anyone bothers to promote such a lie, there must be a kernel of truth in it.

The same goes for exaggeration and false implications. Distort the truth and people will think it has some basis in fact. Take a truth and phrase it in such a way that it looks suspicious, or juxtapose it with an acknowledged evil, and the mind will be tempted to draw all sorts of ill-founded conclusions.

#32 Walter, Apr 16, 2013
  13. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Catholics do not worship Mary! "Catholics do not worship Mary! "Catholics do not worship Mary! "Catholics do not worship Mary! "

Nope...............^^^^^^that's been repeated for years, but honest people know better! :laugh::laugh:

14. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ^^^ Straight out of "RCC Brainwashing, 101". It's worked for them for centuries!!! :thumbs:

15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As always, scholarly retorts from Baptist4Life! How about addressing the OP?

I want to follow up on what Thinkingstuff already referenced. That is the publication and advancement of out right lies to bash Catholicism. The end justifies the means all too often when it comes to combating The Great Whore! Back in the nineteenth century, there was a woman, Maria Monk, who claimed to have been a nun who "escaped" from a Montreal convent to "tell all" about the immoral escapades of the sisters in the cloister. After having been proved a fraud, her venomous spirit still stalks the land, and her name arises whenever the topic is anti-Catholicism in its more virulent strains.
    There is now a twentieth-century replacement, the late Alberto Rivera, whose life was immortalized in the pages of several comic books published by Chick Publications of Chino, California.
    This Rivera claimed to have been a Jesuit priest assigned by the Vatican to infiltrate and subvert Protestant churches, particularly Fundamentalist ones such as the Plymouth Brethren, Pentecostal, Baptist, and United Evangelical churches. He was so effective, he said, that he was secretly made a bishop. But then he saw the light, abandoned Catholicism, and barely escaped with his life.
    Although the Christian Research Institute and Christianity Today (both Protestant) demonstrated that Rivera was never a priest and never offered any proof for his allegations, the comic books keep popping up and people keep believing Rivera’s charges, no matter how ridiculous they are. I found tracts in the local Christian book store claiming that Rivera was indeed a Catholic priest and eventually was 'born-again' and left to expose the 'lies and deception' of the Catholic Church.
    The posting of this video is the same kind of lie. I don't believe Eliyahu knew in the beginning that this video is deceptive and a lie but does now and continues to ignore the facts and claim it exposes the truth about Catholicism.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    would NOT say the RCC is the Antichrist, nor is the pope, but WOULD say the teachings/doctrines/dogmas come from the spirit of antichrist, for they deny the truth of the word of God!

17. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, if this is the case tell me which "truth of the word of God" do Catholics deny?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible is the ONLY source of authority/doctrines/practices
    the TRUE Church was NOT founded by peter as the RCC
    Jesus is ONLY mediator between God and man
    NO prayers to any but the truine God are to be made
    Sinners saved by grace alone, thru faith alone, NOT by Sacraments

Any others ?

19. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Show me where in the bible it says that. If you cannot find where it says specifically that. Then the bible doesn't teach that.

By the way this belies your true intent I asked you what truth do the Roman Catholics Deny. You can't state something as an affirmative in belief if you a pointing out a denial. However, to show you are wrong. The Catholic Church teaches that it is Jesus who founded the Church to prove Catholics teach this I will quote from the Catachism
    So in fact Catholics do believe the biblical truth that the Church was founded by Jesus Christ.

Again you are wrong. The Catholic Church does not deny this truth either in 480 of the Catachism it says
    Scripture verse please.
    Scripture verse please. If the scriptures don't say it the word of God isn't saying it and you are therefore adding to the word of God are you not? Also Catholics believe we are saved by Grace. CCC 836
    What I can tell from this short list of yours is that (1 none of the things are shown to be the word of God are denied by the Catholic church and the things the Catholic Church does deny aren't said in scriptures. Therefore you don't even adhere to your own litmus test and you have failed your own litmus test. Therefore you have shown you deny the word of God by adding things to it God never did.

#39 Thinkingstuff, Apr 16, 2013
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thy word id truth, a light unto my path
    heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall never pass away
    washing and renewing in the word
    God ALONE inspired to the church the bible, as it ALONE is to ne the only spiritual authority, but the RCC makes human tradition equal to it, and does as jesus said Pharisees did, making God out to be a liar ,by making traditions of men equal to word of God!

grace you are saved, thru faith and NOT OF ANY WORKS
    for if salvation came thru by works. one could boast , but its God that justifies the ungodly thru faith in jesus alone

Jesus intercedes as high priest, why have mary as the high priestess?

The RCC has the words/terminology, but you vest them with meanings alien and foreign and not biblical!