1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Christian and the Theater

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rufus_1611, Aug 13, 2007.

?
  1. Are sinful wastes of time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Destroy all taste for serious and spiritual employments

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Are schools of vice and profligacy

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. All of the above

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. None of the above

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

To further that last though...

I considered the OP to be talking about strictly wordly television and theater. That is precisely what I am wholly against. I have seen Christian movies (Light of the World, JT Chick, a couple of productions by Ray Comfort, etc) and when they are strictly on getting the message about Christ out then I have no issues.

If someone wants to watch the movies by Christians that are strictly for entertainment, that is there business, but I do find them to be a waste of time myself.

2. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I willa lso note, I never intended to imply that the videp medium was wrong, nor do I think I said that. Like my above post stated, I thought the OP was strictly in reference to non-Christian theatre and television.

for example, we tape our Sunday morning messages and put them on the local cable channel. Perfect example of how the medium itself is not wicked.

3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

That's what I thought as well, that is why I felt the need to clarify why I was posting. The original OP got me to thinking so I thought I would throw the question out there. Thanks, btw, for answering, you as well Dale.

4. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

It was my pleasure, thanks for being so cordial.