1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The church doesn't exist for Christians

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by ScottEmerson, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a sense the church doesn't exist for christians. It is made up of christians.
    \The church is the Bride of Christ, as such pue, spotless and holy. don't see how any unregenerate person can fit into that.

As for the regular meetings of the local part of the church, recon I near enough agree with Helen and Dr Bob.

Part of the mission of christians is to bear witness to Christ and His grace, to share the gospel. so as an activity (or outworking of love) christians reach out of the church to the lost, with the biblical imperative of trying to compell them to come in to the wedding feast.

So no, the church does not exist for anyone but Christ.

Regards
    Bob

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

As much as I agree with the sentiment in the essay, the purpose of the church for the edification and equipping of saints and corporate worship.

3. JGrayhound

JGrayhound New Member

I don't see in Scripture that the Church is supposed to be the "venue of evangelization".

Believers are to evangelize, but evangelism is NOT inviting people to church. The corporate meeting of the body is for believers...not for the unregenerate. Sadly, modern baptist polity has lead to this sort of thinking.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Let's open up those Bibles and read how the word of God defines the church! Start with Ephesians 4 and 5 wherein much can be learned about the church - the body of Christ - and its relationship to Him, to its members, and to the world.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! The church exists for Christ and Christ alone. We are his bride.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep ! And I sure feel sorry for God if the case is as he says. What a washout God is. Tsk ! Tsk! Tsk!