1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Church Of The Cool And Groovy (A Worldy Christian View)

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, May 13, 2008.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Yeah, nothing says "sincerety" like apologizing for something and then turning right around and doing the very thing you just allegedly apologized for.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you need to reread what I said again. Most churches such as this openly pronounce their attempt to be relevent to the "Culture" which is a misuse of that word. They admit to it and promote it verbally.

3. dan e.

dan e. New Member

What is your problem with answering a question? Are you assuming it or aren't you? Maybe you wouldn't have words put in your mouth if you would clarify your thoughts when given the opportunity

4. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I must be in the dark. As I said in my original post....I have never seen churches like this. I think the problem is that most churches are accused of this, when in reality they are just being who they are.

Of course, that doesn't mean I think there aren't churches out there that confused about the gospel....I just think many get unjustly accused because of a coffee station...or "rock bands" that don't use hymns, or that use power point, etc. The list could go on, I guess.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

"Cool" is where Adam was when he was trying to hide from God.

"Hip" is what he was covering with fig leaves.:laugh:

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I did answer the question. You just didn't like the answer.

I've told you twice now that I've never assumed any such thing and there's nothing in any of my posts to imply that I assumed it.

[Personal attack removed]

#26 Mike McK, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  7. dan e.

dan e. New Member

It is difficult to laugh of circumstances as frustrating as this one....but I'm sure I brought it on myself. So here I go...:laugh:

Thanks for the clarification and your tips on reading. I'm glad your church is growing!

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

A church can have starbucks, a cool youth group and still be faithful to the word.

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Something local: http://www.churchinthenow.org/

The "pastor" was asked by one of our members recently, "Mr. Swilley, are you saved?" He avoided him.

Mr. Swilley was quoted the other day as saying, " I don't care what the Bible says about it, I believe...."

From his blog

10. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Apparrantly most cannot. But then again, I can't read and don't know how to ask questions without making false accusations....so what do I know?

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Many churches as he described, are in fact preaching the gospel loyalty, seeing real salivations ands baptisms, and teaching people to apply and live scripture. Just because a church does have these things does not make them bad. There's more to it then that.

Quantity does not equal quality. Numbers are just that numbers.

#31 donnA, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This attitude is open and prominent.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

whaoo, personal attack.

14. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Yeah...if I knew how to read I might be offended...but I still have trouble with some letters.

15. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Right. This coming from the same person who spent three pages making personal attacks against me in another thread.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

I never said something like that about you, and no one had to make personal attacks you did well enough against yourself on your own.

17. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

You called me everything under the sun. Unfortunately, that thread has been deleted, so I can't repost it to show everyone what you said, but you did say it.

No, I didn't make any personal attacks against myself.

18. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Dan. e, brush that off and let's roll!

19. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Sure thing. I laughed it off earlier.

I had to. I had no other option after that dialogue.

20. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's really easy to sit back and fire from the hip and Monday morning Quarterback any other church. Unfortunately that isn't what we are called and commissioned to do as believers. We are to prayerfully support one another and encourage those who, while holding to a strong biblical fidelity, might differ methodologically.

Just remember, one man's liberal is another's conservative. Just like one man's contemporary is another man's traditional.

Why is it okay for some to parade around and besmirch the names of those doing ministry that is lashed to the Cross but wearing everyday clothes who are being God's ambassadors to those who might otherwise not hear? I just don't understand the desire to run others into the ground over such petty issues.