1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Church(page1)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by George D. Foss, Oct 30, 2015.

1. George D. Foss

George D. Foss New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is an excerpt from my work titled "ATreatise on God." Chapter 9 is the introduction, "The Church".
    Page 1of 49
    Introduction
    The reader should understand this is not simply a church history. The Church(the Body of Christ) is a vital part of the plan of God, and it is also about Satan's unending effort to thwart the plan of God. You are reminded that Scripture is adamant as to the reality and significance of Satan. He is mentioned in the New Testament as an unrelenting adversary and enemy of God and humanity. If you accept the Bible as the Word of God as I do, you cannot discount the works of Satan. As you read through the following pages I would admonish you to keep those two positions in mind.

Beginning with the Pentecost event, and even with the earliest of Paul's epistles, we are informed that "the mystery of iniquity doth already work." (IIThess. 2:7). Paul wrote this in 50 or 51 AD. The plot by Satan to supplant the truth in the early Church had already begun. In the later epistles of Paul and in those of other Apostles, we find it gaining considerable momentum. However, even while Satan's diabolical system was arising, we need to understand the scope of Satan's plan as carried out primarily through the Roman Church.

From its inception following the death of Jesus, the god of this world has generated a consensus among all Christians as to what is meant by "The One True Church." Here we see that Satan promoted division within the Christian community by implanting the assertion found in most Christian churches that each of them alone represent the one true church to which Jesus gave his authority in the Great Commission.

Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, but with his death it was "The True Church of Christ" which arrived. The One True Church, consisted of all believers, one of which was the early Roman Church. It was the Roman Church that Satan invaded, and eventually led into spiritual bondage to a professional priestly caste, a hierarchical order, which dispossessed the original Roman Church organs of functions that belonged to all its members, and withheld any independence and autonomy they might have had. The effect of this usurpation was to degrade the one pure Roman Church into an

Not only were Christians persecuted from time to time by the governing powers of the day for their allegiance to Christ, but once the Roman Church assumed absolute power in the fourth century, now under the name "Roman Catholic Church," it too became a persecutor and many Christians were threatened with certain death if they would not subscribe to the various man-made doctrines and false teachings that threatened to seduce them away from their pure devotion to Scripture and the one True Church(the Body of Christ).

This chapter is for the most part an overview of Christian Church history from its inception upon the death of Jesus up to the Protestant Reformation. It also deals with the plan of Satan to thwart the plan of God. As soon as God created man as related in Genesis 2, we are immediately introduced to Satan in the following chapter. Then Isaiah shows us how Satan felt in his bitter, resentful heart, which is demonstrated by Satan's five "I will" claims: "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (Isaiah 14: 13,14).

From Genesis and Isaiah we can now outline the plan of Satan:
    1.) To deny the Word of God.
    2.) To destroy the promised seed of blessing, and
    3.) To prevent the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
    4.) To prevent the forming of the Body of Christ.

When we look back at what happened to the Roman Church following Constantine, one has to believe that it was instigated and empowered by Satan and the powers under his leadership. We know Satan is cunning because Scripture says as much. For example, there seems to be no way to come up with hard evidence to prove an actual complicity of Satan in the Church. Satan has cleverly covered his tracks so that how this has come to pass remains in the realm of philosophical concjecture.

Continued on pages 2-49.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are on a chat Forum that is about 60% pre-trib-rapture-ready-Darbyite-dispensational. Consistent with Darby's doctrine the Church is simply an interruption, or as Ryrie says a "parenthesis", in GOD's program for national or ethmic Israel. Now though most dispensationals on this Forum deny they ever heard of this doctrine it is the inevitable outcome of Darby's doctrine and "two" honest dispensationalists have stated they were taught this doctrine in bible colleges.

Do you ascribe to the doctrine that the Church is a "parenthesis" and must be snatched out before GOD is able to restart HIS program for Israel or are you one of the brave souls on this Forum who believe, as the Southern Baptist Convention reported some years ago, miracle of miracles:

3. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Since Mr Foss declares himself to be non-denominational, that must mean he is not baptist in his theological beliefs, why is he allowed to enter extremely long comments on a Baptist Only Forum? Just asking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OldRegular

Good to see you back on the BB SeekingTruth. Now that you are one more voice to share the truth of Scripture I will feel more free to take my yearly sabbatical. Watch out for the dispensationalists though. Some will bite when least expected! Sneaky critters they are!

I would like to know why Mr. Foss is on a chat forum if he has no intention of entering into a discusion. If he is a preacher he supposedly has a congregation who must listen and not respond!

5. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Still seeking an answer. Or does Baptist Only not really mean Baptist Only. Maybe it is Baptist Occasionally, or perhaps pseudo-Baptist Only?

6. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

I note that Mr. Foss has not responded to your query. Maybe he does not think he has to support his views in a debate forum. Then, where will he support them?

7. OldRegular

I cannot understand why this self-declared non-denominational person is allowed to post. His doctrine as presented in his salvation is also faulty if not heresy:
    There is only one gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ! The Apostle Paul says it as follows:

Romans 1:16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

There is no Gospel of Paul and if there was It would not save anyone!

8. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Now I agree totally with your comment. What I don't understand is why some folks write about the Gospel of Paul and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't find any evidence to support this argument.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These people are usually known as Mid-Acts Dispensationalists. Google it.

10. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

I really wasn't looking for the name of this belief, that is there are two gospels: one preached by Jesus Christ and a different one preached by the Apostle Paul. In Ephesians, Paul clearly affirms that there is one Spirit, one hope, One Lord, one faith, one baptism. If this be true (and it id) then Paul clearly believes in the same faith and hope that Christ preached and offered when He was here on earth. If there be on;y one faith and one hope in the One Lord and God that brings salvation, there can be only one gospel preaching that faith. Any other gospel would be false and then any other gospel should be accursed.

Ephesians 4:4-7 (KJV)
    Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
    7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.