1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE COMING NUCLEAR WAR

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Brother James, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Brother James

Brother James New Member

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/hirsch.php?articleid=7649

Israel, Iran, and the US: Nuclear War, Here We Come

by Jorge Hirsch
    The stage is set for a chain of events that could lead to nuclear war over chemical weapons in the immediate future. If these events unfold, the trigger will be Israel, the target Iran, the nuclear aggressor the U.S. These are the reasons:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Israel is likely to pull the trigger. It knows how to and has every motivation to do so."

That's about all he says that I agree with completely. There is ample reason to believe that an Iran with nuclear weapons would without hesitation or provocation launch an attack against Israel providing them with all the incentive they need to launch a preemptive attack.

Would Iran retaliate, or at least try to? Most assuredly. From there on, to believe Hirsch's scenariao, you have to believe the Iranians are completely brain dead. They are indeed run by religious fanatics, but there haven't been many signs that the Iranians are stupid enough to draw the US into the conflict by a premptive attack on US troops or installations.

3. Brother James

Brother James New Member

I thought his point is that we would lauch an attack on them first. I don't believe they are suicidal but they will defend themselves.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe that, as long as they are not suicidal, that they need have any fear of a preemptive nuclear attack by the US.

Hirsch is living in a fantasy world. Anybody can predict anything at all as long as they will suffer no consequences for being either right or wrong.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

The capabilities (both known and unknown) of the US military can keep this scenerio from occurring. The US would not NEED tactical nukes in order to provide protection and Israel uses nukes as a deterant to having their country overrun.

I certainly would not hold my breath worrying about it.

If you wish to worry, I would concern myself with a terrorist attack using either a rogue nuclear device picked up on the old Russian black market or a dirty bomb.

As long as our military continues doing such a fine job of terrorist control, even this is MUCH less likely than it would have been five years ago.

If Iran is stupid enough to launch a missile towards Israel....heaven help them. They would get to see the wrath of Israel's nuclear program---that everybody knows does not exist, anyway. [​IMG]